Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E4+1 coming back. Changes for C4 ROI?

Options
  • 08-09-2008 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭

Got a letter from Sky today saying that E4+1 would be back from September 15. But the main thrust of the letter was that Sky would be launching a new version of Channel 4 and Channel 4+1 in the Republic of Ireland.

Any ideas what they mean? Alternative programming replacing things they currently can't show perhaps?

They say to check you Sky Planner on the morning of September 15 "to make sure you don't miss any of your favourites like Countdown or Richard and Judy". Presumably the +1 now refers to +1 year, since Richard and Judy have left the channel. Who knows how long Countdown has left in it either...

No word of More4+1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,145 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I would guess this is so that C4 can 'reclaim' the Northern Irish feed and FTA it for Freesat (currently NI postcodes get London when everyone else has the correct region); and so that they can fill in gaps where content is currently blocked.

Irish equivalent of S4C Analogue, anyone?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Carwn a iawn lawer ddiolch 'ch :)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

celticfc wrote: »
    Carwn a iawn lawer ddiolch 'ch :)
    Really? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Channel 4 with Republic of Ireland ads and no Everybody Loves Raymond I bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

I wonder will we get CH4HD sometime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Channel 4 with Republic of Ireland ads and no Everybody Loves Raymond I bet.

Or My Name Is Earl, I keep getting told how great that program is only to run into: Not available in ROI :mad:.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

kowloon wrote: »
    Or My Name Is Earl, I keep getting told how great that program is only to run into: Not available in ROI :mad:.

Download 4od and away you go!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

its also on E4 and C6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

kowloon wrote: »

you could watch via other channels 10.714H 22 5/6:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

/\ provided it stays fta after all this of course :p

• Advertisement

Why would Channel 4 encrypt? They are on Freesat afterall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Why would Channel 4 encrypt? They are on Freesat afterall.
    I was under the impression that freesat and FTA are different systems?

if you can guarantee freesat availability = fta too, then all the better.

Freesat is unencrypted. It wont become encrypted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

It is testing on 12.480 V

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭ongarite

E4+1 is back on the Irish EPG. The channel numbers has shifted also messing up my favourites list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Does anyone know if any of the programmes that had been blanked from Channel 4 in Ireland are now replaced with anything else? In other words, do we now have a different version of Channel 4 in terms of programming? And will the ads be targeted at the republic from now on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Does anyone know if any of the programmes that had been blanked from Channel 4 in Ireland are now replaced with anything else? In other words, do we now have a different version of Channel 4 in terms of programming? And will the ads be targeted at the republic from now on?

Just checked the TV guide, and Without A Trace is still there but with the "Not available in ROI" still tagged. I presume it's just an Irish advertised feed like E4 and More4 are.

Advertisement