If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying from UK site

Options
  • 08-09-2008 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Ive noticed the .co.uk site has a lot more choice. ive my eye on a few 42"+ TVs. Can i buy from the UK site with the boards special delivery? Do i call the belfast or dublin shop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,314 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Hey. I got a TV from .ie yesterday and they had to bring it in from England so id be surprised if they didn't have any in stock or wouldn't bring it in.

Very impressed with their service. Very speedy delivery and great prices.

Cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

When you say you got a tv from .ie was the TV on the .ie site or the .co.uk site? The TV's im interested in are not on the .ie site. How long did it take from when you ordered till it arrived?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Anything you see on the UK site can be got by JohnMC or Dave (.ie site) but you have to let them know. The UK wont ship to Eire.

Regarding the TV just remember some UK TV's will not have the tuners we use over here so if you have an antenna on your roof (and use it) you may want to make sure first by asking.

I got a 47" Phillips 9703 only two weeks ago and it had both digital and analog tuners in it.

Hope that helps.

Ordered Wed (it came to them from England on Thurs, shipped on Fri and I got it Monday). It was already listed on the .ie site but as said above if they had to get that in from Eng anyway, I wouldn't see the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

looks like decision is made. cheers. Looks like I will be spending money! Cant believe the difference in price, The TV's I am looking at are 300e cheaper than I can find here

• Advertisement

Buy in Sterling from ie. Better deal. What I did.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.