Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

censorship on boards by those with vested interests

Options
  • 08-09-2008 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

due to the removal, not just locking of two threads by BFSL i ave decided to stick my big oar in.

those on here are way more intersted in back slapping and giving out about anyone who dares to question the actions motives and lack of promotion of that organisation.
    whilst i agree whole heartidly with you Ballymount, you are p1ssing into the wind trying to organise anything policitical airsoft-related here without it being either IAA sanctioned or locked.

hell just even look at te thread where AIM, i believe, was setting up an Irish magazine dedicated to airsoft, he didnt seek permission and had his thread locked. there could have been a wonderful development for the comunity but no, that had to be shot down also.

this place is too full of vested interests and conflicts of same to allow a public debate of how our sport should be directed and protected.
    its a shame too as boards.ie has been many peoples first contact with airsoft so it really is too bad that the cannot develop from that here also.
    we need an organisation whos members are not in control of this forum and an organisation that will stand u for airsoft instead of just bowing before the DOJ.

yes the are lord and master when it comes to the sports eventual legality but that is no excuse to just bend over and take it, a more active approach need to be taken.

if there was an alternate organisation id gladly join that and support them however i could.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

OK silverhaze has now been banned for a month as he is consistantly causing grief on this forum.

BFSL is now permanently banned from the forum and I will be asking the admins to reinstate a site ban for duplicate accounts as he went back on an agreement with me about posting no IAA related threads.

The IAA have a forum, if you have an issue with them or want to find out what they are doing you post there NOT HERE. Given the grief these threads have caused in the past and the disruption it causes to a generally good behavioured community site this is the way its going from now onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Just in relation to some of the accusations made above;

There are some very very simple rules to this forum, stick by them and we all get along, mess up and you get a warning, mess up repeatedly and you will be banned. IT. IS. THAT. SIMPLE.

There is no secret conspiracy about the IAA and this forum, the IAA grew out of this forum and now exists as a seperate entity in it's own right, THE IAA DO NOT CONTROL BOARDS.IE. The reason why threads are locked regarding the IAA is because historically there is too much **** stirred up by certain distasteful elements of the community just out looking to cause a fuss and not doing anything productive. If you wish to discuss the IAA or any matters pertaining to them, as gandalf said, they have their own forum.

Oh... and just as an example of what I mean, here is the correct thread to post in: http://irishairsoft.ie/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=138

Edit again: I find it intriguing you claim the mods have a vested interest when we do this in our own spare time with no payment and sweet **** all thanks most of the time and yet a retailer comes on and stirs **** and you want to defend him.... hmmmm..... I think you need to look at how you define vested interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,598 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

kdouglas wrote: »

I find it intriguing you claim the mods have a vested interest when we do this in our own spare time with no payment and sweet **** all thanks .

You mean you don't get coke and hookers from any of the retailers?

>_>
    <_<

Silver Haze is a troll. A troll with a grand conspiracy theory.

If David Icke has thought me anything, it's that there's no arguing with conspiracy theorists. They're all lizards.

So in conclusion, don't feed the lizards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement