Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downloadable Content for 2009.

Options
  • 08-09-2008 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭

been confimred that PES 2009 will have downloadable content for the PS3 and 360. Konami have not confirmed what it will be, but have confirmed it will not be free.

The only worthwhile thing I can think they could provide that would be worth money, would be extra stadiums.

Beyond that you'd be looking at new modes and january transfer window update.

I don't see them adding new modes and a transfer update would be worthless given the extensive editing abilities that will be available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Trophies perhaps? PS3 trophies I mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

will not be free?

Shame on them.

Just another reason why PES on the PC rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,055 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It could turn out to be some great mega pack with new teams, stadiums, modes, kit templates etc and therefor worth the money (kinda) but, hell, it won't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Tauren wrote: »
    It could turn out to be some great mega pack with new teams, stadiums, modes, kit templates etc and therefor worth the money (kinda) but, hell, it won't be.

Isn't it enough to be paying up to €70 for a yearly update anyway?

:pac:

Apparently not.

I wish i could have more faith in Konami. In reality, PES2008 is the only one I have been disappointed with, and I still prefer it to FIFA08 (which i own and have given a good go - haven't played Euro08) but the fact PES2008 was such a step back from PES6 has put so much doubt in my mind. The leipzig demo not being up to much hasn't helped, even though people who played the more advanced preview build on the PS3 (Leipzig was an earlier build on the 360) have said it is much better than Leipzig... I just can't quite trust them.

I really wish i could have more faith in Konami to get the series back on track but their terrible PES2009 PR campaign has made it so difficult, with the demo reported to be getting released next thursday being the (apparently) poor(er) Leipzig build of the game - WHY???

DLC should have been great news great with fanfare - but it can't be because of how bad the konami PR team are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Wow. It would really want to be good if it's not free. (Game modes, etc.) and not just Horse Armour (e.g. new kits, different boots and balls combinations, different stadia, etc.).

Wow. It would really want to be good if it's not free. (Game modes, etc.) and not just Horse Armour (e.g. new kits, different boots and balls combinations, different stadia, etc.).

Kits can be made with the edit mode be back to former glories - balls and boots aren't enough imo. For it to be worth paying for it would need to be stadiums and modes, imo. I can't see how anything else would be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

If you have to pay for a January update then that is a disgrace. Either make it free (like EA do) or give us the bloody editing tools to make it ourselves!

It can only really be new stadiums.

they have given us an editing tool to do it ourselves - the editing features of PES2009 are back to PS2 levels, maybe a little beyond them, so it will be fine for updating transfers. Apparently you'll be able to share option files directly in the game, though i can't remember where i read that. Anyway, that is why i was saying a transfer update would not be worth paying for and that it would have to be stadiums (I think it will be...) or new modes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

Tauren wrote: »
    a transfer update would not be worth paying for and that it would have to be stadiums (I think it will be...) or new modes.

Even stadium patches are available nowadays, so would really expect a whole lot more than that if they are charging for it tbh.:confused:

• Advertisement

dK1NG wrote: »
    Even stadium patches are available nowadays, so would really expect a whole lot more than that if they are charging for it tbh.:confused:

Stadium patches are not available for the console versions, which are going to have the DLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Tobikov

Knowing Konami it'll be some more top quality generic background tunes. Maybe we'll see classic hits such as 'Jazz Fusion', 'Irish Trad', or some other pox. :rolleyes:

If they're giving back a full edit mode like they had on the PS2, then what's the point of DLC? Only thing it could be would be stadia as said before. Not sure I'd be willing to pay more for that. Licensed teams on the other hand. Maybe.

Advertisement