Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got one of my childhood games, Zombies for SNES.

Options
  • 08-09-2008 8:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Just thought I might get a little discussion about Zombies (a.k.a. Zombies Ate My Neighbours).

It was one of those games that I rented and borrowed during the SNES days, but never had the opportunity to buy first time around. I want to track down some of those SNES games I really wanted back then but couldn't afford.

In case you don't know much about it here's the wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombies_Ate_My_Neighbors

I love horror films and adore all the horror references in the game. I just hope it has held up well.

Next up is Super Metroid.

Any thoughts on this game or any games you have recently bought that you wish you had when you were younger? :)

Comments

Yeah, used to go to my neighbour's place all the time and play it there. Great game!

Always loved the amount of secret passages or secret things you could do in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

There was a load of weapons too. And some strategy in using the right weapon for the right enemy.

Some funny bosses as well, including a giant baby.

It's hard to beat the 16-bit console days, I don't thing Nintendo have ever topped the SNES in terms of hardware and the quality of first-party and third-party games.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭okmqaz42

Dusted off the old snes about two months ago and have been spending like a drunken sailor on ebay ever since.
    The pick of the bunch has to be Syndicate, I loved this when I was a kid and it still has fantastic game play. I have over the years had a fair few consoles but I can’t believe how good the old games were. I did think I was looking back with my rose tinted glasses but playing them again they were great.
    I started into Super Troll Island and I think the crazy colours killed my TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7w5darAVWw

• Registered Users Posts: 34,632 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I want to track down some of those SNES games I really wanted back then but couldn't afford.

This is a very dangerous thing.

I, like you, wanted to track down every game I always wanted but couldnt afford. (Just in my case with the Megadrive)

Turns out, it's a hell of a lot more games than you remember. I'm on about 150 now and there are still loads that I have to get.

Including Zombies Ate My Neighbours actually. Great game that. Damn you! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

this is weird, found this game on my portable hard drive in work with my snes emulator and have been playing it every day in work! great game.

i just googled the game to look for help on one of the levels, think its like 18.

i need a skeleton key and theres loads of the tremmor creatures running around. on an earlier level i had to kill one of them to get the key but its almost impossible now, i cant kill one from full hp. im guessing one of these will drop the key.

im stressed..grrr

• Advertisement

I was thinking of being slightly naughty and getting a media center pc from somewhere like Ankermann for cheap, install a load of Emulators.

I have seen some cool emulator frontends for PCs, so the whole thing should be controllable from a pad of joystick, just pick you game and away you go. That way I can put it next to my other console and TV and use it like a console.

Something nice about having the carts though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I was thinking of being slightly naughty and getting a media center pc from somewhere like Ankermann for cheap, install a load of Emulators.

I have seen some cool emulator frontends for PCs, so the whole thing should be controllable from a pad of joystick, just pick you game and away you go. That way I can put it next to my other console and TV and use it like a console.

Something nice about having the carts though.
    A modded original xbox might be a cheaper alternative there...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i had it on megadrive, great game and quite a devious game in places too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭hoppo254

Zombie ate my neighbours was an excellent game , started off easy but got really tough in the later levels.

Love the evil laugh as one of the sound fx

A modded original xbox might be a cheaper alternative there...

I've been trying to get some objective answers on the net but how good is the xbox for emulation?

I would definitely like to emulate 8-bit and 16-bit systems and maybe PsOne and N64 as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,632 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've been trying to get some objective answers on the net but how good is the xbox for emulation?

I would definitely like to emulate 8-bit and 16-bit systems and maybe PsOne and N64 as well.

All of them run fine on a modded xbox.

The only problem with ps1 games though is most of them are fairly big, so on a 10gb drive (Which quite a lot of isn't useable) you can't really fit that many. Especially if you already have other emulators on it. One option is to install a bigger drive.

Everything cartridge based is great though as they're so small in comparison.

Advertisement