Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Tax

Options
  • 07-09-2008 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hello Lad's.
    I notice that €78 is still being quoted as the annual road tax for a camper.I think you'll find that it's gone up to the Princely sum of €85.I hope this is not too much of a strain on your pockets.
    boyoh :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

€85!!! what a rip!! Ha Ha, I only hope that it stays at that.Seen as most van are "gas guzzlers" we're lucky to have escaped the new emmissions/tax system.

Just had my summons from the post office to renew the tv licence€ 160!! now that IS a rip with the sh*te on the tv.Just a thought,should you have a seperate licence for a motorhome??

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

I asked the same question at the start of the season Aerosol, and even rang the department responsible.

Apparently, you do need one, as do mobile homes and caravans. They were going to target holiday homes this summer, and I was told that if they called while I was on a site, I could be fined. I asked what address should I put on it, and they said I could use my reg and home address to distinguish between my home and van.

Oddly though, if I had a laptop with a TV tuner, I didn't need one. Seems they just can't keep up with technology.

Advertisement