Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What new show are you looking forward to the most with the new TV season?

Options
  • 07-09-2008 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

As long as Abrams keeps a close eye on it Id have to go with Fringe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

RTE's version of 'Who do you think you are'. Loved the BBC series and I have hit a brick wall tracing my own family tree. Might pick up some tips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Top Gear! :pac: Okay Spooks and Top Gear

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Can't wait for the new series of QI :) Also, the final series of ER.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Either Joss Whedons new show, 'Dollhouse' or the new Nathan Fillion show 'Castle' [ despite the fact it sounds pretty bad, Fillion normally makes things a lot better than they should be].

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I am looking forward to RAW tonight. I hope it is good.

But over all I amn't impressed with anything. The Irish Apprentice I will take a look at that.

As for Fringe eh ah eh :cool: I might wait for it to be on DVD, and avoid the ads on TV3 and Sky1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I was looking forward to that new vampire thing but having read about fringe...
    Michael crichton mixed with the x files!! I had a tiny orgasm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Season 3 of dexter and the final season of the shield with out a shadow of a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Spooks and The UK Apprentice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Either Joss Whedons new show, 'Dollhouse' or the new Nathan Fillion show 'Castle' [ despite the fact it sounds pretty bad, Fillion normally makes things a lot better than they should be].

Ah nice, didn't realise he was making a new show. I'd almost go so far as to call the man a genius... Only he could make a musical (Doctor Horrible) that I actually enjoyed!

The first episode of Dexter season 3 was alright, but it kind of feels like the show peaked during the first season and will never live up to that high again.

Heroes season 2 was just starting to get good when it got cut short, so hopefully they don't waste any time picking up steam again

Dexter was a huge dissappointment for me, from season 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

jos28 wrote: »
    RTE's version of 'Who do you think you are'. Loved the BBC series and I have hit a brick wall tracing my own family tree. Might pick up some tips.
    I love the BBC series and was looking forward to watching RTE's ersatz knock-off.

By 10.15 I fell asleep in front of the TV and didn't see the end of the programme. It was that riveting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I was excited about the Fringe, but a friend had scene the first two episodes and described it as a poor mans X-Files, which leaves me a little hesitant. I didn't know Nathan Fillion was in a new show. I started reading the description of it and at first it sounded like it would be just so-so, but then I got to the part where it describes it as "inspired by shows like 'Rockford Files' & 'Moonlighting' ", so that was the clincher for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

jos28 wrote: »

ditto - Looks like it will be a Irish version of the BBC one - the preview had same music and graphics.

also the Famine program on yesterday was quite good,

Shane.

also the Famine program on yesterday was quite good,

I choose to watch RAW which is on during Who Do You Think You Are? :(

I thought that "Where was your family during the famine?" could have been split up into 3 parts, one for the guiness', the waters' and the Hobbs' families.

It ran a bit long.

There is a poster up for WDYTYA? in Tara St with the Celebs doing it, some guy walk past, stopped and tutted.

Dana, Pamela Flood, Joe Duffy, Ardal O'Hanlon, Linda Martin and someone else cann't think who.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

The new series of Ross Kemp on Gangs on Sky One.

It can be a bit samey sometimes but I still love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Entourage! It seems like so long since the last episode, I can't wait for this to come back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

terminators backs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

rgiller wrote: »
    Entourage! It seems like so long since the last episode, I can't wait for this to come back

Eh, it's back - since Sunday 7th.
    Watched it last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Loads of shows been mentioned arent new! I mean purely new shows :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Michael crichton mixed with the x files!! I had a tiny orgasm :)

Is this True Blood or another show?

Is Nathan Fillion leaving Desperate Housewives

Is new show sounds like a male Murder She Wrote

www.castletv.net

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

cant wait to see new series of entourage , dont think ive ever seen a bad ep of this show to date!!! :D

Originally Posted by missingtime
    Michael crichton mixed with the x files!! I had a tiny orgasm

ER MEETS THE X FILES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Fringe was actually overrated sh!te tbh, JJ Abrams fooks up again. I need a new one now. Any suggestions?

Fringe was actually overrated sh!te tbh, JJ Abrams fooks up again. I need a new one now. Any suggestions?

I can see nothing interesting on the US line up this autumn. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Current_ustv_schedule

Lets face it they are bring back Knight Rider and BH 90210.

OR http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Untitled_Office_Spin-Off

New Irish shows, very little in terms of drama except RAW which is fairly average. The Apprentice?

Cann't think of anything coming from England either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

tv.com wrote:
    Prolific producer pauses production on program; says quality on scripts sucked

http://www.tv.com/dollhouse/show/75224/story/11614.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=headlinessh&tag=headlines;title;0om_act=convert&om_clk=headlinessh

New Drama from Britian
    http://www.radiotimes.com/content/features/new-season-2008-drama/

New Irish Drama's

Raw and School Run !!!! Haven't hear of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Looking forward to the new series' of Ros na Run and Aifric on TG4 more so than anything else.
    Also, Dexter and Chuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Tristram wrote: »

Surely this can only be a good thing, as the scripts existing already must not be of good quality, and Whedon has a chance to improve on them.

Surely this can only be a good thing, as the scripts existing already must not be of good quality, and Whedon has a chance to improve on them.

Two things I don't get about boards

1. The Bill
    2. Josh Whedon

I cann't say I am a fan of either. OTT but they both seem to come up alot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement