Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just purchaesed brand new motorhom from uk

Options
  • 06-09-2008 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

can anyone please help me with this querie. we jut purchased a new eddlis mootor home in the uk off ebay and it is brand new and has no plates on it. the vehicle weighs over 3000kg. can anyone please tell me do i have to pay VAT or VRT on the on the motorhome. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You have to pay both:

Because it's brandnew it will be subject to VAT in Ireland, so try to get your VAT back in the UK before you export it, makes things easier.

You also have to pay VRT, but as it is over 3 tons, that will only be 50 Euro :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

peasant wrote: »
    You have to pay both:

Because it's brandnew it will be subject to VAT in Ireland, so try to get your VAT back in the UK before you export it, makes things easier.

You also have to pay VRT, but as it is over 3 tons, that will only be 50 Euro :D

Swing that past me again

Do you know where it is written in black and white that more than 3 tonnes is only 50 euros VAT

That makes buying a humungious big car that has weight of 3 tonnes plus possibly cheaper than buying a ligther weight car with that logic

I think I will look to buy the biggest heaviest Amercan SUV I can find:D

stevoman wrote: »
    can anyone please help me with this querie. we jut purchased a new eddlis mootor home in the uk off ebay and it is brand new and has no plates on it. the vehicle weighs over 3000kg. can anyone please tell me do i have to pay VAT or VRT on the on the motorhome. thanks.

A class B licence best I know is limited to 3500KG 3.5 tons all up weight including any attached trailers

The water and fuel and extras you carry in the tanks could put you over that limit and then you need a trick driving licence class c to drive the van in the EU

Some countrys car licence is limited to 1 tonne

Derry

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

derry wrote: »
    Swing that past me again

Do you know where it is written in black and white that more than 3 tonnes is only 50 euros VAT

That makes buying a humungious big car that has weight of 3 tonnes plus possibly cheaper than buying a ligther weight car with that logic

I think I will look to buy the biggest heaviest Amercan SUV I can find:D

Doesn't apply to cars ...motorhomes only :p

Advertisement