Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork - Dublin Train - Fully Reserved

Options
  • 06-09-2008 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

Could someone tell me if the Cork to Dublin train is now 100% reserved seat wise.

I've got tickets for set seats. Can I expect people to be sitting everywhere with people in our seats ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Could someone tell me if the Cork to Dublin train is now 100% reserved seat wise.
    No. Only first class and a certain number of standard class coaches are reservable, unless there is a big group or it is a special train.
    I've got tickets for set seats. Can I expect people to be sitting everywhere with people in our seats ?
    Cork-Dublin it is quite possible to have people in your seats. Dublin-Cork is less likely and from intermediate stops more likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

Victor, I booked online and it actually asked me what seats I wanted to book.

Would i be in my right to ask people to move or would I be told where to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Would i be in my right to ask people to move
    Probably.
    or would I be told where to go.
    Possibly.

Kick up a stink when the ticket checker or train host comes around (make sure they are wearing a name badge :))

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Victor, I booked online and it actually asked me what seats I wanted to book.

Would i be in my right to ask people to move or would I be told where to go.

If it asked you what seats you wanted it should have those seat numbers on the tickets. First time I did this I just asked people to move and showed them my ticket. Second time my name was above my seat, although I hadn't paid extra to actually reserve the seat.

Either get there early or just show your ticket to whoever might be sitting in it and they should move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

If you got your tickets and someones in the seat just ask the checker to move them, some people get in a strop about having to move seats, also if its tomorrow you are travelling here are the revised arrangements.

Heuston to Cork

10.00hrs will operate to Thurles only with bus transfers from Thurles to Limerick Junction, Mallow and Cork. Bus transfers will also operate from Thurles to Limerick.

All other services from Heuston to Cork on Sunday 7th September will operate normally.

Cork to Heuston

08.30hrs Deferred to 09.30hrs, serving Mallow (09.54hrs), Charleville (10.09hrs), Limerick Junction (10.31hrs), arriving in Heuston Station at 12.25hrs.

10.30hrs Bus transfers from Cork (09.45hrs), Mallow (10.00hrs), Charleville (09.40hrs) and Limerick Junction (10.40hrs) to Thurles, and by train from Thurles to Dublin Heuston, with additional stops at Templemore and Portlaoise.

All other services from Cork to Heuston on Sunday 7th September will operate normally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

I remember me and 3 mates had booked all our seats beside each other, of course there was a old man with a bad leg in my seat, (talk about a cringe worth situation), the conductur found the old man a seat a few rows up but I felt so bad about it.

Basically if you book a particular seat you will get it if you want to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

Our local regional newspaper ran a letter from some 'old folks' travel group recently complaining about all the "smart asses" booking seats on d'internet and kicking the elders out of "their" seats!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭serfboard

trap4 wrote: »
    Our local regional newspaper ran a letter from some 'old folks' travel group recently complaining about all the "smart asses" booking seats on d'internet and kicking the elders out of "their" seats!

Which they're not paying for, of course.

Advertisement