Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mature student st patricks college drumcondra

Options
  • 06-09-2008 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

hi

i am thinking of going back to do arts in st pats in drumcondra as a mature student-history, irish, english.

i thought st pats sounded good for mature students as there seemed to be a high number of them studying there-has anyone else got any insight into this?

only thing ever written about pats is the primary teaching degree-this is the humanities/arts degree i am referring to.

i'm a bit nervous to go into big colleges like UCD but even though pats is small i have heard its not great.

thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

My friends boyfriend did that degree. He was 26 when he started. He seemed to enjoy it. That's all I know really about it. And he studied abroad for a few months as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 cstmar

thanks for that-just a bit nervous with all the young'ns!!

what subjects did he do? i want to do teaching but want to go to states-hopefully it will be good for this.

don't know anyone with anything good to say about Pats!! They all say it's loads of hours and that the lecturer are like drill seargants!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

He did English and Philosophy. And went to Colorado for his study abroad. That's all I really know.

I always thought Pat's had a good rep as it's difficult enough to get into.

Advertisement