Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M50 - Etoll readers/APNR reader in operation?

Options
  • 06-09-2008 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭

I've been going on the M50 every weekday since it's toll free.

Usually I go on a bike and I haven't payed too much attention. I've taken the car today however.
    I haven't noticed any 'scanners' or ANPR cameras to bill customers.

Does anyone know if these are set up yet?

I went to ww.eflow.ie and input my registration to see if I was billed but it seems like they are relying on good faith by asking how many tolls I owe.

Seemed a bit funny and kinda like they don't have it set up yet otherwise it should present me with a bill when I input registration. I don't want to bother paying if I don't have to yet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The ANPR's are located along with RFID receivers on a single gantry leading into the old plaza from the Airport side, you were probably concentrating on the building and oversaw it. It looks just like a signage gantry

At the moment I would say that the NRA are in a big mess with teething problems and are relying on fear to get people to cough up. You might be lucky for a while without paying but it will eventually catch up on you The fact that you are not registered the e3 will apply, this could also be the reason that it is not showing up.

The initial notification that you passed the toll will be automatic but further notifications if you refuse to pay up will have to be manually forwarded by the office or debt collection agency and this will obviously take time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Keith186 wrote: »
    Usually I go on a bike and I haven't payed too much attention. I've taken the car today however.
    I haven't noticed any 'scanners' or ANPR cameras to bill customers.

Wait a sec. You usually take the M50 on a bike?
    Is that not allowed not to mention dangerous?

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Wait a sec. You usually take the M50 on a bike?
    Is that not allowed not to mention dangerous?
    Motorbike :rolleyes:

Motorbike :rolleyes:

Where does he say motorbike?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

At the moment I would say that the NRA are in a big mess with teething problems and are relying on fear to get people to cough up

Some people also believe that it is proper to pay a bill for a service used. Not many of these on Boards though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭steve-o

Keith186 wrote: »
    Seemed a bit funny and kinda like they don't have it set up yet otherwise it should present me with a bill when I input registration. I don't want to bother paying if I don't have to yet.
    I'd be more than a little surprised if they allowed someone to simply provide a registration and get a list of times when that car went past the toll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

ardmacha wrote: »
    Some people also believe that it is proper to pay a bill for a service used. Not many of these on Boards though.

I believe people mostly object to being billed for a service they have paid for through taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I believe people mostly object to being billed for a service they have paid for through taxes.

It hasn't been paid for through taxes as the government have chosen not to allocate tax money to this, but to collect money through tolls. Now you can believe that the government ought to have just used taxes for this purpose, but you have the opportunity to change the government from time to time. Evading payment is just freeloading, whether you have a view about tolls or a view about who should get social welfare passes for free transport.

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Where does he say motorbike?
    I assume the OP is talking of a bike as bicycles are forbidden on the M50. :rolleyes:

I assume the OP is talking of a bike as bicycles are forbidden on the M50. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::pac:

• Advertisement

If he is on a bicycle, we'll soon be reading his obituary.

Anyway back on topic; reading in the Irish Independant this morning, there is a chance that the late payment fee may be waived during the first couple of weeks, but not the toll fee!

If he is on a bicycle, we'll soon be reading his obituary.

Anyway back on topic; reading in the Irish Independant this morning, there is a chance that the late payment fee may be waived during the first couple of weeks, but not the toll fee!
    Confusion is a great thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,492 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I passed someone on a PEDAL bike on the Westlink today! Two minds about phoning Roadwatch but I didn't have my handsfree in the new car yet...

MYOB wrote: »
    I passed someone on a PEDAL bike on the Westlink today! Two minds about phoning Roadwatch but I didn't have my handsfree in the new car yet...
    I have seen a "chariot" on the m50 between Tallaght and Ballymount, Must admit it was a while back :eek:

I have seen a "chariot" on the m50 between Tallaght and Ballymount, Must admit it was a while back :eek:

testShow.php?id=8

I'd like to see them read the number plate on that :D

I have witnessed a hit and run with one of these things off Grafton St where one scraped the rear 1/4 panel from a Taxi, the they must have been no more than 15 years old. they have a law to themselves.

Chipping the Horses arse would be handier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Was that the dead horse on the M50 in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

It hasn't been paid for through taxes as the government have chosen not to allocate tax money to this, but to collect money through tolls.

we pay motor tax (€6 billion per annum all told) to pay for road building and the upkeep of the existing road network... if central government chooses not to spend this money for this purpose then that's their call but we shouldn't have to pay twice.

Advertisement