Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What subjects could I teach?

Options
  • 05-09-2008 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi,

Is there anywhere that I can find out what subjects my course entitles me to teach?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

the teaching ccouncil list is downloadable from www.pac.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Spider_Baby

Thanks a million!!

I'm surprised by one of the subjects my degree allows me to teach though....I dont remember much of it at all!!!

I'd need a refresher course in economics myself before I could unleash it on a class of teenagers!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

you know about the quota for business degrees? more points needed to get into irish business pgde's and all that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Spider_Baby

pathway33 wrote: »
    you know about the quota for business degrees? more points needed to get into irish business pgde's and all that

No....would you be able to tell me a bit more about this please?
    I've only been thinking about getting into teaching very recently so I dont really know anything about how to go about it etc.
    I have a 2.1 business degree.

Are you saying because there are so many people with business degrees it is harder to get qualified...?

Thanks!

I'm a complete teacher-newbie :)

Advertisement