Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show is back....

Options
  • 05-09-2008 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

Get rid of Pat and just let those Wexford people dance for the show. That was more entertaining than any Late Late Show.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Cringeing already. Interviewing the boxers like they are thicks.

Hate pat kenny so much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

I so agree
    what rubbish roll on 10.30 to Jonathon Ross!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Here we go again another season of the late late show and people on here watching it and complaining about it. I hate it so I don't watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I see they've ditched the desk. Pat doesn't like having a desk in front of him, apparently. He prefers when we can see him awkwardly shifting his legs around. I wonder if it's gone for good, or just for this show.

When he was talking about the cost of the Wexford Opera House (€30million), I kept thinking "That's only 30 Pat Kennys". Depressing.

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Here we go again another season of the late late show and people on here watching it and complaining about it. I hate it so I don't watch it.

I think its worse being online complaining about us complaining about watching a tv show! LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Ha, let us wexfodians dance the night away, many a day we've done that! Start wasnt too bad, apart from pat just being........pat!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Haha...

Although for 30 million I'd expect better acoustics than what we heard with Galway Girl at the beginning there.

OMG then they wheel out Biffo

God help us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭brianc123

Huggles wrote: »
    OMG then they wheel out Biffo

God help us all.

You know what they say 2 planks are better then 1 !!

I think its worse being online complaining about us complaining about watching a tv show! LOL
    Now you are complaining about me complaining about you complaining about watching a tv show.:confused:

• Advertisement

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Now you are complaining about me complaining about you complaining about watching a tv show.:confused:

Merely pointing out how your complaining about us complaining about a tv show is basically the same as us complaining in the first place!

Did Rhys Meyers get veneers, his teeth look weird....maybe the snarling was to show them off?
    The unassuming sounds are slowly being eroded from that mans vocal range.

Pat Kenny is such a dull interviewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Haha...

Although for 30 million I'd expect better acoustics than what we heard with Galway Girl at the beginning there.

Changed over after music intro finished so cannot comment on any other aspect of show but wtf with the sound? Seems to be a common problem with RTE when it comes to musical performance. I have no expertise in the area so perhaps it is extremely difficult to mic such a venue in a manner which translates well on tv but the sound was pretty damn poor. Must find out more about the Norwegian comparison to see if Wexford really was such 'value for money'.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

A quality nights viewing...Now here's your host plank kenny :pac:<(shoot the cúnt).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Pat kissed the Riverdance guy. They both looked a bit stunned. Was fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭thecoolfreak

Does anyone know the name of the song played at the end of the illusionists act?

Merely pointing out how your complaining about us complaining about a tv show is basically the same as us complaining in the first place!
    It's not the same I like being online, you don't like the late late yet you still watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,319 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

janeybabe wrote: »
    Pat kissed the Riverdance guy. They both looked a bit stunned. Was fun.

Any tongue action?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Any tongue action?

Unfortunately no. He looked like he'd have liked some with Brian Cowen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I never saw it :D (does cartwheel across keyboard) yeehah! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sam_mom1

did anyone else think that Johnathan Rhys Myers was errrrmmm on something??? glazed eyes with bloodshot glow....

oh and his teeth were sooooooooo not real...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

The late late is crap, but its easily one of the best shows on irish television

Don't like it, don't watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

sam_mom1 wrote: »
    did anyone else think that Johnathan Rhys Myers was errrrmmm on something??? glazed eyes with bloodshot glow....

oh and his teeth were sooooooooo not real...

YES.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Nice to see our national state broadcaster remaining as impartial as ever. The most watched show in the country returns and who do they have on? Why, it's the Taoiseach.

Joke tbh.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Until the masses stop tuning in, we'll be subjected to Pat Kenny presenting the Late Late for years to come. The job's his til he decides he's had enough. And threads like this will keep rearing their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Firetrap wrote: »
    Until the masses stop tuning in, we'll be subjected to Pat Kenny presenting the Late Late for years to come.
    Or die out. Am I the only one who thinks that the audience demographic for Guinness is the same as the Late Late Show?

Advertisement