Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lidl/aldi radios.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Thanks for the heads up mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

somthing i noticed was, "VOX headset" so will that mean vox only or what?

anyway seen a pic of the headset on a board outside lidl the other day and basically its one in ear headphone with a clip on microphone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Ermm I am new to airsoft buisness, Just wondering if these things are actually worth it in the long run ?? WOuld they big a good set to start out with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

if your in a team or have a few mates that skirmish regularly they can be handy ,
    but not essiential part of a loadout ,playing over a year now and only got a radio last week,

weeder the VOX is usualy headset related ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Gatling wrote: »
    if your in a team or have a few mates that skirmish regularly they can be handy ,
    but not essiential part of a loadout ,playing over a year now and only got a radio last week,

Yah I dont think i will worry about them for a while then, thanks =]

• Advertisement

i mean, is it vox only or can you use PTT with the headset on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

what does VOX mean???
    il prob get a pair of these

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

its voice activation, rather thar having to press a button., vox is the latin word for voice.,

vtec wrote: »
    its voice activation, rather thar having to press a button., vox is the latin word for voice.,

thanks ill defenetly get a set of these thanks to who ever spotted them i cant remember your name bad memory lol

weeder wrote: »
    i mean, is it vox only or can you use PTT with the headset on

you can use it ptt or set the radios to VOX (Voice Operated eXchange) to speak hands free throught the headset ,but you have to set how sensitive you want the mic to be other wise you will be shouting to activate it ,tends to be hit and miss on the cheap handsets

• Advertisement

wouldnt use vox anyway but its not really worth it if vox only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

you can use it ptt or set the radios to VOX (Voice Operated eXchange) to speak hands free throught the headset ,but you have to set how sensitive you want the mic to be other wise you will be shouting to activate it ,tends to be hit and miss on the cheap handsets

With VOX you can also loose the first word or two you say as it activates, like on my Terrain 550. This can be a bit of a pain

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yup, you have to say something and then wait for a sec to give the message., piece of cr*p really., cant beat push to talk.,

can u not set it to push to talk

yeah the PTT is the main setting on most radios and head sets and as posted above a hell of a lot more reliable and easier to use

yeah the PTT is the main setting on most radios and head sets and as posted above a hell of a lot more reliable and easier to use
    ye but if u hav a vox headset can u set it for ptt

daz801 wrote: »
    ye but if u hav a vox headset can u set it for ptt

yeah you can use ptt no problem

can you the headset you get with it for ptt or will you have to buy another one
    sorry for all the quistions i just want to no for sure b4 i get it

yeah Vox is only an xtra included in the radio package like software really any ptt will work on the radio as long its either single or double pin connection

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

afaik the new lidl radios have no ptt, its vox only, which is pants for airsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Yea, i have a set of oregen scientific radios which i bought in argos ages ago that will ONLY do vox when a headset is plugged in.

well thats a big honking pile of ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

did we find out that it works?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

I saw a pair of radios in 53 degrees north, they looked pretty good and where only €35 including headset as I recall

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

ok i have a pair here charging , will report back when they are done.

the headsets do SEEM to have a ptt button on them - but as i sa i'll wait till i test them

CONFIRMED - the headsets work on PTT , there is a setting for vox , but it isnt even enabled by default.

LOLOL

i just let out a ridic loud laugh in middle of class and now everyone looking at me, thanks conor for lightening up my dull morning..

again , to reiterate the ptt does work on the incuded headsets.

for €30 a pair including charging station you cant go wrong.

is the headset the stupid type that came with previous models, to attach to biker helmets?

• Advertisement

yeah they are fairly basic alright - but what do you want for €30 ?

Advertisement