Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find a web developer / designer?

Options
  • 05-09-2008 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi Guys

i had sourced a really good designer to do an online store for me. Thats gone belly up and i'm having trouble finding anyone capable enough of pulling off a good design with a back end content managment system. I have two or three stores in the pipeline but dont know where to look. I dont want to go to a big web design company, i always prefer to work with someone on the ground level.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Media Company

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

adverts.ie? Please note that we do not allow solicitations here (not a poke at the OP, just a warning against those coming in with "PM sent" or similar).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Media Company, you'd probably get a better response at the Irish Webmaster Forum Marketplaceor from the CI Jobs Desk and within their forum and also from Freelance Ireland.

You mentioned that you are using a CMS..Have you considered checking out that CMS's forum in an attempt to seek out an Irish based developer? There shouldn't be much of a problem finding an Irish Dev on the more popular open-source CMSs (Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla, etc..)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Hi Guys

i had sourced a really good designer to do an online store for me. Thats gone belly up and i'm having trouble finding anyone capable enough of pulling off a good design with a back end content managment system. I have two or three stores in the pipeline but dont know where to look. I dont want to go to a big web design company, i always prefer to work with someone on the ground level.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Media Company

List of web designers

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Try adverts.ie - most people find who they are looking for by posting an advert on that site. :) I recommend looking over a company/freelancer portfolio and testimonials before you choose as there are a lot of people out there who claim to offer professional webdesign and development services but in reality - they cant.

Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Sully wrote: »
    Try adverts.ie - most people find who they are looking for by posting an advert on that site. :) I recommend looking over a company/freelancer portfolio and testimonials before you choose as there are a lot of people out there who claim to offer professional webdesign and development services but in reality - they cant.

Hope that helps :)
    I have to agree - there are some dodgy designers out there that seem to think they are professional.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Hi Guys

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Media Company

Any particular reason why you can't say the company name you work for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

How many people actually check adverts.ie for web work?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Not too many id say, I had an ad up there and no one really interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Mostly just students or hobbiests really.

To the original poster - post up your request in the Business Forum on creativeireland.com, there's a few good people there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

If I was a student I'd probably look there... however I'm not looking to develop websites for people for a pack of crisps and the promise of a ball of string :D so I don't check there maybe once every 2 or 3 months

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aday121

I see Sourceforge.net has a new marketplace for getting software help. You might try there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 alottodo

you could try www.prosperity.ie

Advertisement