Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

high school teaching in USA

Options
  • 05-09-2008 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi

I am hoping to go back to college as a mature student to St Patrick's college in Drumcondra next September (2009) to do a degree in possibly Irish, History and English (subjects open to change!) and then hopefully either apply for a H Dip here or go to England to do a secndary teaching qualification (again depending on what happens etc)

My problem is that I have always wanted to live in the States and was even open to the idea of going over there this year to study instead but it would be too expensive etc.

I really want to each secondary school-I now know this after years trying everything else-but it is also my lifelong dream to live in USA near my extended family and many friends.

Nobody seems to know if I can teach High School in the USA? I cannot find VISA information in relation to anything to do with this and have never heard of anyone ever doing it.

Please help if you have any information (hopefully positive!)

Thanks

Advertisement