Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Should i do

Options
  • 05-09-2008 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

A little advice please.

I am employed in a small company nearly 3yrs i was called into a meeting with my my office manager (not the company owners) on the 27th august and told

"things are quiet at the minute so we are going to have to let you go there isnt enough work to keep you on. We will give you a months notice to find another job and two weeks pay as an extra"

Now first of all there are serveral offices for this company they recently only enployed another person to do the same job as me in another office and instead off letting her go and getting me to work betwen the two office they have chosen me.

Now i have to admit i havent been the best employee this year due to a christmas party problem between myself and one of the owners which he appologised for i havent felt the same way about working here or very motivated result in me being late frequently which i have never recieved a writen warning for.

So im wondering does this mean im being made redundant ?

I wrote a letter asking for the meeting to be given to me in writing stating why im being leet go and what monies are owed to me aswell as asking for a reference which i have yet to recieve.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

what 2DO wrote: »
    Now i have to admit i havent been the best employee this year due to a christmas party problem between myself and one of the owners which he appologised for i havent felt the same way about working here or very motivated result in me being late frequently which i have never recieved a writen warning for.

Yes, it sounds like you are being made redundant, you will have to get it in writing from them the reasons why they are letting you go.

Tbh, going from the statement above, it may be a case where management have been looking for an excuse to let you go for some time, and using the economic downturn as a handy excuse is their way of moving you on.

Advertisement