Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to give it up...

Options
  • 04-09-2008 10:48pm

This summer hasn't been the biggest drinking summer for me but I have gone on sessions that have riddled my wallet and possibly my insides...Biggest being T in the Park which I am pretty sure done me a lot of damage...

I want to give up drink in week 2 of college, from 6th of october onwards...My reasons for this aren't moralistic or anything, simply just because of health and money reasons...

Thing is though, I have a few problems with it...first being that it would feel awkward going on the pull in a nightclub sober...I mean, if you are a bit plastered, nothing wrong with going to drinking girls etc. etc. It even enhances their appeal...but when sober, you see them for what they are and would you not feel bad or find it hard to pull in that situation...
    I know that sounds like a trivial thing etc. but it is something that is holding me back...

Also, another reason is that I recently had my first bad experience with alcohol due to over consumption...2 days and am still sick...

But will see if I can do it, should I go out in a blaze of glory coming up to the 6th or gently cut back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Good idea to give up drink for a week or two. Seeing things as they are might do you no harm at all. I don't care whether you find it hard to pull when sober and I have no idea whether you should have a big binge or just stop. As an adult I'm sure you can decide for yourself.:p

Wow...I really didn't change one bit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭fionnmar

Didnt change your drinking or didnt change your other stuff? Sorry...was just looking and am giving up myself and curious...

Oh no no no...I got worse if anything

Advertisement