Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Pride Day

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Perhaps some busking might be in order.... i'm not so fond or marching in parades, i'm terrified the fire engine or a tractor will run me over!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

kikel wrote: »
    I hope to see ya out on the streets on the 27th showing how proud you are of your town.

Aka lets see how much we can drink in a day :(

I do hope that the townspeople do actually take pride in their town!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Just wondering, is this going to be something similar to the old French Festival (I think it was called).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

from the leaflet in my door.

12-3pm

Farmers market
    family fun
    craft market
    vintage cars
    childrens art
    street entertainment
    Plue lots more.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Just wondering, and this might be a bit too short notice for me to get something respectable done, would this be an opportunity to get flyers seeing if people are interested in getting a pitch and putt club up and running. That is definitely a community venture!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Well you have the time to get it done! Do you have all your info prepared and ready for a flyler campaign?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

it will be nice weather on saturday as well so there should be a good turn out around town, so whos goin to it

Might just take a walk down to see what happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

me too and bring the dog for a walk. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Me too the the kids are insisting on it!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

kmart6 wrote: »
    Well you have the time to get it done! Do you have all your info prepared and ready for a flyler campaign?!

No I don't think there would be sufficient time to do it properly now. I'll look into a bit more and hope to get something off the ground later on.

Didn't make it down in the end. I headed away for the weekend. So are ye all proud to be from Port?

oh shur absolutely delighted kikel its some town

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

kikel wrote: »
    Didn't make it down in the end. I headed away for the weekend. So are ye all proud to be from Port?

Yup, the pride day was cool, didn't see much of it though with work and so on... seemed to be a success though!

Glad to hear it was a success. Taught the name was a bit naff, but well done to the people that organised this. Really helps build a community spirit.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,284 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

very good turn out... weather helped a lot... it wouldnt have worked at all if it had have been wet...

it was basically stalls from loads of local groups / societies advertising themselves....
    in the square there was a kind of farmers market thing, a fish stall, fresh veg, hand made jewellery etc

i think the farmers market would be a success if it was held monthly!!..

that would be a good idea syd cause i do think that would work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

it was a great day out. the historical display scared the life out of mini though as they were firing guns. but it was a great display. great day altogether.

well done all.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I have to say I was delighted to see so many clubs out (athletics, cycling, scouts, etc.) I didn't realise there was so many. However I was fairly disappointed with local businesses. From what I saw there was only one or two shops that were running decent promotions; maybe I was expecting too much, but if you want people to buy local then you have to encourage them. From a food market point of view it hadn't a patch on the old French one but it's better than nothing.

Fair play to all involved organising this as I know these things aren't easy to get off the ground.

Advertisement