Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pace sky hd box

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

link here from av forums about pace and Samsung sky boxes location

• Registered Users Posts: 53,996 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

John mac wrote: »
    link here from av forums about pace and Samsung sky boxes location

from that map it seems that only thompson are in ireland

they'll be on ebay soon enough might pick one up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Nice1 about time they started being produced by other manufacturers.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Good to hear, though seems they're only being released on trial atm. Full release apparently some time in September.

byte wrote: »
    Good to hear, though seems they're only being released on trial atm. Full release apparently some time in September.

cant wait to get one

i see one on ebay allready

but a tad bit high

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Good news alright, those Thompson boxes are redicolously unreliable.

i was thinking of getting the pace sky hd box on ebay but i couldnt believe how high the price is 460 euro :eek:

ffs and i was thinking of getting it ,no chance

just rang sky ireland

and they told me that the pace sky hd boxes are available in ireland

sky told me its a 50/50 chance of me getting the thompson or pace

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

There are reports of serious lip sync problems on the new pace HD boxes....

scart wrote: »
    There are reports of serious lip sync problems on the new pace HD boxes....

ya i read that too but there also on some thompson boxes should be sorted out by september when the update comes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Aside from (the rather numerous) minor glitches, I haven't had any problems with my Thompson SkyHD box. First day I had it, I did a forced-upgrade to get the latest firmware.
    First problem I had was failed recordings, some issue with the second input.. dispite swapping cables, it refused to work until I rebooted the box. Occasionally, the Other Channels stop working with the no-signal message, fixed by flicking to a channel on the EPG and back again. It doesnt happen too often though, and I will probably get a FreeSat receiver making this a moot point.
    Second problem was recordings.. they recorded, but any attempt to view them, froze the box, I had to delete the effected recordings, but after a planner rebuild, all was fine again.
    Third problem was today, I switched on the box from standby, and I had no picture on the TV, nothing at all. Fixed by a reboot.

It works fine 99% of the time, and a reboot has always fixed it. On the bright side, if the box fails completly, the hard drive will be salvagable.

OT: How would I get one of these newer Pace boxes, and how easy is it to get the card re-married to the new one?

OT: How would I get one of these newer Pace boxes, and how easy is it to get the card re-married to the new one?

its a 50/50 chance of getting it

thats what sky ireland said to me

i rang a local sky installer and he's looking into getting me one

and it would be easy to re-marry the card ,all you have to do is ring sky

lads anyone get a pace hd box yet

just want to make sure there in ireland

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm not sure yet. I was trying to ring our supplier earlier today, but as he was busy, I'll have to wait til tomorrow to call.

byte wrote: »
    I'm not sure yet. I was trying to ring our supplier earlier today, but as he was busy, I'll have to wait til tomorrow to call.

oh thanks byte looking forward to hear what they say

Advertisement