Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus from Dublin to Newbridge (Kildare)

Options
  • 04-09-2008 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,336 ✭✭✭✭

Hey I have to go to Great Connell Road
    Kildare, Co. Kildare on Tuesday.

I see several Dublin Bus routes from Abbey St but I was wondeing if any natives could tell me which one would bring me closest to Great Conell Road.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Dublin Bus don't go to Newbridge. Bus Eireann route 126 is the one to get, get off near the Wyeth factory I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,336 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Stupid me, of course I meant Bus Eireann. Thank you.

Now for the real retarded question, do they tell you when you are at Wyeth or do you have to know?

You can ask but no guarantees.

From Dublin, look out for Toughers Garage (it's on a roundabout). After this there's a strech of dual carriageway which eventually narrows into singleway. After this, you'll pass by the Wyeth factory on the right and then there's a roundabout. There's a stop just after the roundabout, get out here and Great Connell is the right turn off that roundabout as you walk back towards it.

Thanks very much, I assume theres a bus stop for the way back somewhere on the other side of the road too then?

This should greatly decrease my chances of getting lost. Is toughers a petrol station, car lot or what?

It's a petrol station. I think there is a stop over the other way too.

EDIT: Sorry the Wyeth factory is on the left as you pass by it on the bus.

• Advertisement

Great stuff. Itll be a nerveracking trip even before the interview!

Appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Hi,

I would think it's pretty obvious , not being funny the Wyeth site is huge.

If you are sight impared I imagine the driver may warn you if you ask although luckily I have never had to test such a thing

Cool. When you book return tickets, does it matter about times or arethey just valid for thw whole day?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

noodler wrote: »
    Cool. When you book return tickets, does it matter about times or arethey just valid for thw whole day?

Return tickets are valid all day.

Times are at http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1202394375-126.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I would suggest that after the road narrows from dual to single carriageway, that you make your way up the bus to ask the driver to drop you off at Wyeth. Depending on the time of (school) day, that roundabout can be clogged up, but most of the time it is free flowing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

You probably know this but just be awaremost of the buses leave from Georges Quay not busaras. Outside the Ulster bank I think

So if you book online you have to pay a visit to Busaras to get your ticket before heading off to George's Quay?

noodler wrote: »
    So if you book online you have to pay a visit to Busaras to get your ticket before heading off to George's Quay?

No - If you book online just hand the driver your confirmation email and he will issue a ticket.

Otherwise, just show up and buy a ticket from the driver as you get on the bus.

davidm20 wrote: »
    You probably know this but just be awaremost of the buses leave from Georges Quay not busaras. Outside the Ulster bank I think

Can anyone confirm the 126 leaves from the Ulster Bank? Thats just beside Tara right? Does it say 126 on the stop or is it a generic bus stop?

Gonna get the 8:30. Enoguh time? Have the interview at 11 so want to be safe obviously. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Timetable says the 0830 leaves Georges Quay. AFAIK there aren't so many bus stops there. I've actually seen this before and it was stopped towards Moss Street. The stop under the railway bridge is a Dublin Bus stop - don't use that.

0830 gets in at 0940, this allows a hour for delays / finding the place / having a coffee / sitting down and relaxing before the interview.

So its Moss Street you reckon I need. This is a pain! Ill check both out, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The Bus Eireann Stop is on Georges Quay outside Ulster Bank, just before the junction with Moss Street/Matt Talbot Bridge as you walk from Tara Street.

Advertisement