Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

confused about order of things????

Options
  • 04-09-2008 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hey guys

i've just bought my first car and i'm not sure what order i have to do things in.

first of all i've had two provisional licenses before, and the second one expired last year, so i've applied for my test and i'm waiting for the letter of acknowledgment so i can get my third license.

the car itself has been off the road since this time last year so its tax has run out, i have the gardai signed form to say that its been off the road but i need to get it taxed

its a 04 car so i presume i need to get an nct for it

and obviously i need insurance

so what i'm wondering is what order do i need to do these things in??? This is what i'm working on at the minute

1: i need my license before i can get my insurance

2: i need my license and insurance before i can get the car taxed

3: i need my license, insurance and tax before i can get my nct

so from that the order is license, insurance, tax, nct and then i can start to drive around?

is that right or have i got things mixed up a bit???

thanks a mill for any replies
    karl

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

connokra wrote: »
    hey guys

i've just bought my first car and i'm not sure what order i have to do things in.

first of all i've had two provisional licenses before, and the second one expired last year, so i've applied for my test and i'm waiting for the letter of acknowledgment so i can get my third license.

the car itself has been off the road since this time last year so its tax has run out, i have the gardai signed form to say that its been off the road but i need to get it taxed

its a 04 car so i presume i need to get an nct for it

and obviously i need insurance

so what i'm wondering is what order do i need to do these things in??? This is what i'm working on at the minute

1: i need my license before i can get my insurance

2: i need my license and insurance before i can get the car taxed

3: i need my license, insurance and tax before i can get my nct

so from that the order is license, insurance, tax, nct and then i can start to drive around?

is that right or have i got things mixed up a bit???

thanks a mill for any replies
    karl

I think the Provisional Licenses aren't around anymore, their called permits now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

connokra wrote: »
    so from that the order is license, insurance, tax, nct, PASS DRIVING TEST and then i can start to drive around Unacompanied?

Seems about right to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 connokra

thats brilliant, thanks for the help guys

Advertisement