Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to Sky Eye thingy...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Sam Radford

Why not buy a Powermid? Why do you want "something similar"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

I can't find a dealer for the Powermid here in Ireland. Do you know of one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

mjsmyth wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get something similar to this here in Ireland? Its an IR Extender Kit.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marmitek-PowerMid-infrared-extender-set/dp/B000GIXH42/ref=pd_sbs_ce_2/026-3033623-1212444

Anyone know of a similar piece of kit? Its for a non sky satellite box.

Thanks,
    MJ

They look like video senders
    You can get video senders in argos or any good electronics shop
    They sell great ones in Aldi and Lidl on their specials ever so often

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Rubylad

I bought one from Argos about 5 years ago, it was a One4All Remote Extender, but they don't seem to sell\make them anymore. It worked well but I think energy saving light bulb in the room makes it have a mind of it's own sometime. The cable I have is joined a couple of times, so the Sky Eye won't work, so if you come across anything, I'd be interested in hearing about it. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

It is possible to get a wired extension eye for a Sky box? I want to keep the box in the cabinet but have an eye under the TV that's small and discreet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

mjsmyth wrote: »
    I can't find a dealer for the Powermid here in Ireland. Do you know of one?

I bought one from amazon last week and it works perfectly.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marmitek-PowerMid-infrared-extender-set/dp/B000GIXH42/ref=pd_sbs_ce_2/026-3033623-1212444

I also got a 2nd sky remote on ebay

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You could also consider the Televés DigiDom, which is similar to the Powermid.

There's also an SLX branded remote-extender, but due to having quite a few of these fail, I'd suggest against buying one.

One For All still do a remote extender, but with an odd twist. The transmitter device is actually the shape of a battery, and replaces one of the batteries in your remote control. The theory is that you can then use that remote control in any room, without having to take an external transmitter device too. Not sure how good it is in practice, as I haven't tested it yet. This is no good for somebody wanting to control multiple devices inside a cabinet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mjsmyth

I think its the powermid from Amazon then.

thanks for all the help.

mj

Advertisement