Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to tell OSX what to do when I insert a memory card

Options
  • 03-09-2008 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

Dear fellow-mac-geeks,

I have Lightroom 2.0 installed. I used to have 1.0 installed. Lightroom 1.0 used to automagically start and begin the import wizard when I inserted a memory card. Since removing Lightroom 1.0, this only happens when Lightroom 2.0 is running - nothing happens when Lightroom isn't running (ie: Lightroom doesn't launch).

I'm not impressed.

How do I tell Lightroom/OSX to do what it used to with my shiny new Lightroom 2.0 ?

Thanking you.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You're using a memory card reader, yeah? Well I'm not sure if this will work but open up either Image Capture (or iPhoto) and in the preferences there's an option for "When camera is connected, open, etc." Change this to Lightroom 2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

On a similar topic, how do I tell iphoto to fcuk off and not open every time I connect my camera??

I remember trying to turn it off before but it didn't work. I left my macbook in my girlfriends house so I won't be able to try it 'til tomorrow, but any suggestions would be appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Same steps as Sad Professor listed, but change the action to No action.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Same steps as Sad Professor listed, but change the action to No action.

Appreciated!!

Advertisement