Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox not keeping me logged in

Options
  • 03-09-2008 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Im having a problem with firefox basically whats happening is the title,I log into boards yahoo flickr etc and tick "keep me logged in" and then when i exit the browser and click "save and exit" when i reopen everything has to be re-signed into,Im running windows xp sp3 and have never had this issue on other machines running xp sp2 and vista.Anyone else having this trouble and if so can you help me?Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Moved from Web Dev.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Have you got cookies enabled? If so what are they being told to do?
    Keep them until they expire?
    Keep them until you close Firefox?
    Ask you everytime?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I have this exact same problem and no amount of googling has yielded a solution yet. Seems to be problem with version 3.0.3 of Firefox. If I go into to Tools > Options > Privacy I have my cookies set to keep them till they expire and the box that says Always clear my private data when I close Firefox is unticked. I also tried as suggested elsewhere to clear my cookies completely but its still the same problem, logged in sessions time out after about 20/30 mins? Anyone got any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I had the same problem with Firefox 3 and Mint, didn't get it solved either. Cookies were enabled. Must be a Firefox 3 problem.

Advertisement