Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Release Party, Thurles, September 13th

Options
  • 03-09-2008 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

bookrelease.gif

The release party for the comic book anthology "I'm sorry I can't take your call right now but I'm off saving the world" will take place on Saturday 13th of September at 9pm, Skeahan's pub, Liberty Sq, Thurles, Co. Tipperary. The book will be available to purchase from several locations in Ireland and via the website www.goalanthology.com from the 20th of Septmeber. It will also be sold at the Birmingham international comics show in October and in November at the Thought Bubble comics show in Leeds. Please check the anthology website in the coming weeks for a full list of sale locations.

The book contains over 90 pages of art - 30 artists contributing to 25 stories. Each artists was given the phrase "I'm sorry I can't take your call right now but I'm off saving the world" to interpret however they wished. The result is a mixture of stories that range from the serious to the silly, the factual to the abstract but all sharing a common thread. The book is dedicated to Conor Lyons who past away in September 2007 while working for the United Nations in Sri Lanka and all money raised from the sale of the book will be donated to GOAL in his memory

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Can't make it due to being in a foreign country, but best of luck with it and have a blast!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

thay are doing something in turlas

• Registered Users Posts: 14,462 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

xbox36016 wrote: »
    thay are doing something in turlas

:rolleyes:Yes thats what the thread title says:rolleyes:

Shoudl be cool OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

yap going to have a look anyway

Advertisement