Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky coax cables

Options
  • 03-09-2008 9:42pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Got sky installed today but its cables to my sitting room which is undergoing major DIY ATM so doesnt house the TV ATM. I wan to run seperate coax to another room temporarily untill the sitting room is habitable again (couple of weeks). Dish has two spare attachment points so am I right in saying that if I pickup some coax and termination heads I can run two cables to the sky HD box?

What type of termination heads are used with the dish/sky box, I presume they can be got in maplin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Yes you can run 2 cables for the hd box to the other room using the spare outputs on the LNB, but you would want to use a good grade cable like CT100 or equvailent. Alternatively you could run one cable from where the box is currently to the other room and connect a magic eye which would allow you to watch it in the other room both before and after the room is ready if that is a feasible option.

To connect the cables to the lnb and sky box you will need F-Connectors.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Cheers. TV wont be in the 2nd room once the DIY is complete so im not going to worry about running internal cables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Sam Radford

How to fit an 'F' plug: http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fconn.htm

Advertisement