Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VRT appeal comes good!

Options
  • 03-09-2008 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Just got a letter today from the revenue saying they accept the valuation that I submitted in my appeal and a nice cheque for €500 odd is on its way!!!:D

Bonus,and the sun was out for a bit...:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

nice one, im about to appeal my one too

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cooper38

Hey
    could you tell me how to appeal the vrt. What evidence did you need to show them?

Importing next week and would like to know as I'll have to pay the vrt next week

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Hi Cooper, I managed with just a letter from a dealer stating "faults" and a more realistic price.They accepted this straight away. I did write a covering letter explaining that I'd looked here in Ireland for examples of similar vans to give them(to show that there evaluation was well high) but couldn't find any.Good luck,hope it works out for you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

cooper38 wrote: »
    Hey
    could you tell me how to appeal the vrt. What evidence did you need to show them?

Importing next week and would like to know as I'll have to pay the vrt next week
    I imported in Feb and appealed - got a cheque in June or July.
    Just ask for an appeal form - they will probably have to post it out. You MUST get it back to them within 2 months of the date of importation. Give them lots of examples of similar vans at lower market prices. Get a rockbottom written quote from a dealer if you can. Point out that the market has softened and that there are lots of vans for sale out there, at roundabouts etc and the prices have fallen.

By the way - you have to pay whatever their initial estimate is - then you make your claim for a refund.
    Good luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement