Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expansion tank

Options
  • 03-09-2008 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

I have a leak in my heating overflow/expansion tank, it hold about 4 gallons of water. Noticed a small weep on a conection and found i could put my finger through it!(rust), anyway is it ok to replace it with a plastic one from a hardware store, or does it have to be metal?

Thanks in advance for any input

Casper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭10-10-20

What ever is cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭caspermccormack

sound!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

what is the other tank?

just a metal one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Consider replacing them both, the other one holds a lot more water and if it lets go you will be replacing a few ceilings.........

• Advertisement

Sorry the big water tank in the attic is plastic, the heating one is metal or rusty metal, had a fair idea to replace it with a plastic one , just asked incase there was a reason for it being metal.

Advertisement