Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(for students) O2 Broadband €13 / month

Options
  • 03-09-2008 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭

www.o2.ie/heanet

You pay €20 for the modem and it's €13 a month for 10gig limit. Doesn't seem like a bad offer at all. That's a 12 month contract.

There's also €15 a month with a 5gig limit with a 30 day contract ....

Anyone in these colleges can avail of it
        *  Athlone Institute of Technology
        * Cork Institute of Technology
        * Dublin City University
        * Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies
        * Dublin Institute of Technology
        * Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology
        * Dundalk Institute of Technology
        * Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
        * Georgia Tech Ireland
        * Institute of Technology Blanchardstown
        * Institute of Technology Carlow
        * Institute of Technology Sligo
        * Institute of Technology Tallaght
        * Institute of Technology Tralee
        * Letterkenny Institute of Technology
        * Limerick Institute of Technology
        * National College of Art and Design
        * National College of Ireland
        * National University of Ireland, Galway
        * National University of Ireland, Maynooth
        * Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
        * Royal Irish Academy
        * St. Angela's College, Sligo
        * St Patrick's College, Carlow
        * Tipperary Institute
        * Trinity College Dublin
        * University College Cork
        * University College Dublin
        * University of Limerick
        * Waterford Institute of Technology

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chrisi313

Pity O2 broadband is completely crap at peak times around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

chrisi313 wrote: »
    Pity O2 broadband is completely crap at peak times around here.
    In my experience it's pretty dam good in relation to other mobile alternatives and is a very useable solution for those where a fixed service isn't suitable.

For a student that cost is very appealing.

Each to their own experiences though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

Random, well spotted, many thanks for this. I am an existing o2BB customer and am about to start 2 years at NUIG so needles to say, I just emailed customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

KStaford wrote: »
    Random, well spotted, many thanks for this. I am an existing o2BB customer and am about to start 2 years at NUIG so needles to say, I just emailed customer service.
    T&C suggest that existing customers can migrate to this one after 6 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Thats actually pretty good value.. Cheers for posting.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

I@ve just put in an order for the €20 a month package.
    I can cancel and hold out for this as I'm probably doing a masters this year.

However I plan on registering late so I won't have my student ID until middle of October.

I need internet access now.

Will the O2 shop entertain me if I just show them the offer letter and registration details from the college?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

jayteecork wrote: »
    I@ve just put in an order for the €20 a month package.
    I can cancel and hold out for this as I'm probably doing a masters this year.

However I plan on registering late so I won't have my student ID until middle of October.

I need internet access now.

Will the O2 shop entertain me if I just show them the offer letter and registration details from the college?

Thanks

I just got it in O2 Grafton St with last years student id and a letter from the college saying I was a student last year and depending on results am expected to register this year.
    It was October last year by the time I got my student card and I knew this offer was limited to the first 10,000 so couldn't afford to wait....

I was in the 02 shop today and everything was going smoothly until they told me I still owe them 60 euro from a bill phone I had ages ago.

I was 100% I left that contract with no monies owing. They certainly didn't make it aware I owed them anything until now.

I can't go ahead with the broadband until I pay but don't feel like paying 60 euro for a phone I got rid of in 2001.

Decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hughes2558

kellsred wrote: »
    I just got it in O2 Grafton St with last years student id and a letter from the college saying I was a student last year and depending on results am expected to register this year.
    It was October last year by the time I got my student card and I knew this offer was limited to the first 10,000 so couldn't afford to wait....

Is it really just the first 10,000?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

hughes2558 wrote: »
    Is it really just the first 10,000?

So it says on the website.....
    http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Home/Explore+Services/Services/O2+Broadband/HEAnet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,579 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Sounds like a good deal,will tell my nephew about this.
    Good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Has anyone got this, as im thinking of investing this month... cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

flynner13 wrote: »
    It's the exact same service as o2 broadband, just at a different price to certain people. O2 have invested millions into their network of late and are actually surpassing Vodafone at this stage, and trumping Three.

Either way, if you are displeased, or there is any problem whatsoever, you have seven days to return the broadband and cancel your contract for a full refund.

Random wrote: »
    T&C suggest that existing customers can migrate to this one after 6 months.
    Ring the gang in Limerick(Customer Care 1909), they might regard the package as a "similar package" and therefore, change you over without hassle. At least it's worth a try.

nevf wrote: »
    and trumping Three.

The regs on the boards.ie bargain alert forum could set up a mobile broadband network that would thump Three.

They're as bad as you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

flynner13 wrote: »
    I've got it. Got it mid september when i moved away to college and had no more eircom bb... Been honest, it's not a patch on eircom at peak times but say, anytime before 7pm and after 10pm, it's very good, quite fast (not as fast as eircom 2meg though). wel worth €13 per month that I'm paying for it. you need a letter from college/bill dated within 3 months, student card and 1 other form of id to sign up..
    It also has a 14 days money back thing if your not satisfied.

P.s. I'm using mine in Waterford the majority of the time...

P.p.s. It's ****e up in St Angela's college in Sligo, so if you go there, be warned, it's slow.

jayteecork wrote: »
    The regs on the boards.ie bargain alert forum could set up a mobile broadband network that would thump Three.

They're as bad as you can get.
    Haha. Can't disagree. :)

When I said Three, I was talking about their network infrastructure. In rural areas, they're coverage is brilliant. For a while, their network coverage in colleges and urban areas was brilliant, and far superior to other networks. Now o2 has built up it's rural coverage to a satisfactory level, they are surpassing Three in urban areas and colleges for 3G signal.

In everything else, Three is brutal. I find o2 to be a brilliant network. With only a few hitches (e.g. the upgrade situation)

Advertisement