Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resources for up to date rain reports

Options
  • 03-09-2008 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

I am interested in rainfall levels in particular areas where there are good whitewater rivers in ireland. I'm just wondering would any of you weather heads have any improvements on my methodology:

As it stands if I want to find out if a particular river is up, and the river I want to go to isn't http://www.irishwhitewater.com/gauge/index.php]guaged, I look at the met.ie website to see how much rain has fallen there recently, and I also try and find a local weather station (such as www.annamoe.net or www.wicklowweather.com) to see what it has recorded. Unforunately it still takes a lot of guesswork, and I still at times end up travelling to wicklow to find nothing doing.

Any tips or advice on how I could refine my prediction methods?

Advertisement