Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staff relations

Options
  • 03-09-2008 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

Two young teachers on our staff have started seeing each other, I knew it'd happen as they're so suited and am thrilled for them. However, it's not common knowledge and our hugely religious staff have made some catty comments, particularly towards the girl in question. Surely they're allowed conduct themselves in whatever way they see fir outside of the school?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I don't see a problem with it, I'm guessing it's common knowledge in the staffroom if that girl is getting comments about it. Once it's kept out of school and it doesn't interfere with work there shouldn't be a problem. One of the teachers in my school met his wife when she started working in our school, she moved schools after a year or two, but everyone was delighted for them. I'd say attitudes depend on the staff like everything else.

I guess the one thing they will have to be wary about is when the students find out which is only a matter of time, they are probably going to be watched like hawks from then on everytime they are seen talking to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

we have a couple of relationships in my staff including 2 marriages and to be honest, its their business as we are all friends anyways and everyone in teaching is very much working on their own in the classroom so each to their own. Be happy for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Ah I'm thrilled for them, honestly! But a few of the comments have been so narrow-minded I'm worried for them. We have about 4 members of staff at the top who are really archaeic in their thinking.

Advertisement