Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halifax 4% mortgage

Options
  • 03-09-2008 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

Heard form a relative that Halifax are offering a home owner mortgage at 4% interest. Not sure if its fixed / tracker / variable etc. but have called Halifax and they said they don't know anything about it. Has anyone heard about this rate? The source is pretty reliable...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

This in Ireland?

That's below the ECB rate, so highly dubious, unless it's some crazy introductory rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

yup, Dundalk branch I heard. Tried looking up their direct number but can only find the ones I called yesterday thats an 1890 central number

• Registered Users Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Bank mortgage rates are public knowledge usually, I doubt a single branch is going to be beating the market by 1-2%.

Could it be an employee discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Not an employee discount anyway, I'll try find out more details tomorrow

Advertisement