Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of home heating oil in Mullingar

Options
  • 03-09-2008 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Time for a refill and oil prices are heading towards 100 a barrel so I thought this is a good time to get a full tank. Probably need around 1000 litres - Usually go to Whelans as they're usually same day delivery and are fairly sound too. Haven't ordered off Flynn's for a while but they are doing 20 euro off if you order 800litres or more. There's another place in the Lynn industrial estate that I've never ordered from.

Anyone order recently and what were they spending per litre?

Think I was paying around 66c per litre in February for 500 litres.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭fakefurbabe

Please don't start me on heating oil LOL!! I'm stock piling fluffy dressing gowns and thermals (what a lovely picture I am painting :D) in readiness for this winter. Brrrrrrrr.

Does anyone bulk buy oil with their neighbours - is it worth doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Never tried the bulk buying but people use oil at different rates so you'd want to be fairly regimented to do it properly. I know how you feel about the keeping warm this winter, I spent last night putting insulation foam around my hot water pipes and heat reflectors on the backs of my radiators. Roll on the weekend and I can get to work on extra insulation in the attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

I get my oil from Jones Oil. You can set up a direct debit with them and pay so much a month and then they'll deliver your oil when you need it whether you've paid them enough to cover the fill or not. It works very well. They do their accounts in June and sometimes I might still owe them €100 - 200 for oil I've recieved during the year (although last year I was ahead and they owed me money).

Its a great system as you don't need to fork out approx €800 at a time for oil.

Thats actually a good idea, odd that more of them don't do it. Anyway after a few phone calls on Saturday the cheapest I got was from Whelans- 81cent a litre inc vat, nearly double what it was 4 years ago. Lakeland was 83 and Flynns ranged between 86-83 depending on how much you got.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

I got my last fill from a local guy in kilbeggan http://www.mcgeeoil.ie. They delivered 1000 litres for €500. Seemed to be a pretty good price?

• Advertisement

Thanks, that price is pretty good and their coal prices ain't bad either. Good website too, the other fuel companies down the midlands could take a few tips from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

pablo21 wrote: »
    I got my last fill from a local guy in kilbeggan http://www.mcgeeoil.ie. They delivered 1000 litres for €500. Seemed to be a pretty good price?

I checked the site again and they are down to €490 for 1000 litres!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Ah how i love my solid fuel stove , i get warmed twice by it , one by hauling coal bags/logs and out turning turf , and second by lighting it :)

Advertisement