Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

an interesting thought

Options
  • 03-09-2008 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I dont know if this was discussed here before... but since we have many guitarists here
    why dont we start monthly jams?
    I think should be fun ay ?
    what say ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭rockintothebone

a shame no ones interested ? :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

This is something that has been discussed and tried before, especially over on the Music Production forum. It certainly hasn't worked on this forum anyway unfortunately just to various factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Well probably if you narrowed it down to a time and place and what/who you wanted to jam with etc. you might get some responses. I'd be interested in giving it a lash if you gave me more specifics such as what kinda stuff you're into, do you wanna learn some songs or just meet up and have an 'aul random jam-athon. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

god I would love to jam but stuck in the crapper called kerry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

it be cool alright but i didnt play in a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

I have thought about this before. Questions to be answered.

1) Acoustic or Electric? Mixed?
    2) Where and how much?
    3) When and how often?
    4) Percussion or not?
    5) Bass?
    6) How do you stop it from becomming a band?
    7) How do you control a Jam and not just have people wa*king on their instruments?

I'd love to do it and would turn up if it was organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I would love to go to one of these, but I always play **** around others, I like having my guitars and using them in my bedroom but I'd be nervous about dragging a group down

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I don't think my playin style would fit in nicely, it doesnt ussually do so... ahaha

Advertisement