Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebel Alliance: New Cork Gaming Event and Forum

Options
  • 03-09-2008 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi all, I'm just calling in to let you know that there's a new event in Cork for gamers of all stripes, including Cardgaming.

The Cork Rebel Alliance is a Monday Gaming event, with the first session to be held on the 8th Sept. at 7pm in the Newport Lounge. No memberships or fees required, this is just a Cork Gaming Community event.

Part of the goal of the RA is to bring the fairly sizable Cork community of gamers together, so that people in otherwise isolated gaming cliques can mix with others sharing a common interest. The other part is to have fun and to have an opportunity to run games that might otherwise have to wait for a convention or tournament to be enjoyed on any decent scale.

Also part of the RA is the newly setup forum, to be found at http://rebelalliance.cunningprojects.com/forum/. There's already a good few people there chatting away, but the Cardgaming subforum needs some love! Be the first to post something meaningful there, and there's a custom rank in it for you. ;)

Here's hoping we can get a good crowd of Cork-region gamers together, both online and in coming Mondays. See ye there!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Well done on this project, Cork badly needs it tbh as there are plenty of gamers with nowhere to play. Can you tell me about the venue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cathalgarvey

It's upstairs in the Newport Lounge, which is found facing the Paul Street shopping centre main entrance. 7pm, on Monday. I'm afraid that at present I don't know much more!

If you mean what sort of facilities we'll be able to offer, I'm afraid that's going to be largely up to the arrivees; the RA is a community project. So far, we have people pledging to turn up and bring their roleplaying books, their cardgames like Chez-geek and Munchkin, their boardgames, etc.

We expect a few one-off RPGs to run at RA, and we've been promised a D&D4 session on the first day. I myself would consider running an Exalted or nWoD one-off.

As to cardgames, unfortunately we haven't had a specifically cardgaming response yet on the boards, although I personally know many of the people there do play cardgames themselves. If there's a cardgame event to be run, it'll be down to organisation by the players themselves (although in whatever capacity I can help as webmaster and publicist, you have my support!).

Hope this helped, and it's good to see you on the forums already! Thanks loads,
    Cathal

Advertisement