Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoneybatter area

Options
  • 03-09-2008 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi,

Looked at a place on Swords St off Oxmantown rd in Stoneybatter. Nice enough area, house is cool. But obviously not far away is O'Devaney Gardens, which isnta good area but apparently is being taken down. But does it make much difference to living near it ? In fairness where the house is is very residential, loads of cars, people etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seahorse

If living that near O'Devaney makes a difference to you, you should know the regeneration project has been stalled and may possibly be totally abandoned.

As for that general area, it wouldnt be O'Devaney that'd worry me; it'd be the NCR'd. It's one long string of flat-land half full of headbangers in my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Dick Darlington

Well living close to it doesnt make much of a difference if the place isn't too dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 corkgirl1

I rent in the Stoneybatter area. I love the area. I have been thinking of buying there with a while. I am a female and I have never any hassle or trouble with the area. Great location so near to town etc. Nothing bad to say about the area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Dick Darlington

Cool, I do think Stoneybatter is cool, I just mean there's an area of flats near Phoenix Pk that look like some sort of war zone, my house isnt next to them but isnt far either (off Oxmantown Rd), so I was just wondering how safe the area is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

There are a few threads on askaboutmoney.com about Stoneybatter if you're interested in reading them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭gazzer

Stoneybatter is a great place to live. Its where I grew up. If I could afford a house there I would move back in a heartbeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 corkgirl1

I should have mentioned earlier, I actually rent on Oxmantown Road. The area is absolutely fine.

Advertisement