Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midlands Radio 3

Options
  • 03-09-2008 8:16am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Anybody actually listen to this or do ye all listen more to the national radio stations instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭TheRealBoss

Oh God yeah.

Get the local deaths after the 9.00 am news, the cattle prices in the evening and country & irish hour at 8pm .... quality stuff. :):)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Oh God yeah.

Get the local deaths after the 9.00 am news, the cattle prices in the evening and country & irish hour at 8pm .... quality stuff. :):)

ROFL, just heard the deaths. Shocking stuff. Tune in after 10 for the repeat and anyone that has died in the last hour. Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭superdog

I listen to it a bit. It's easily less offensive that some of the National or Dublin based stations whose coverage reaches the midlands.

On the popular shows they seem to have a setlist frozen in the late 80s, but can pop out some classics!

Some of the shows on it are poor alright or just wouldn't be my cup of tea. On the other hand Des Doyle's programme on Sunday mornings is excellent.

Seriously though ....... the deaths are listened to by lots of older people.

My own mother listens to them every day (and the repeats :) and then listens to the same service on kilkenny radio:)) and if she dosent know any of the people named ....... "thanks god it's no-one we know"

I only asked because I'm sick of listening to Today FM's Ian Dempsey and 2FM's Colm and JimJim. Spent the morning channel hopping and Midlands popped up. As pointed out some of it is stuck in the past and the rest is very similar to any other radio station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

oh my mam and dad listen to midlands 103 specially the deaths, but on saturday morning, ricey scully is listened to and sunday its des doyle and ceili la tire(oh god i know the names of the programmes how sad am i!!!!!:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

No i dont listen to it, because Ricey Scully sends me into a violent killing rampage... I listen to Radio1 in the car in the mornings and 2fm or Today fm on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Dont really listen to it unless some thing of intrest comes up on the morn chat show. Was listening yesterday was a mother fighting for a school place for her 9yo boy who suffers with aspergers. Is good for highlighting local issues that some of the larger stations wouldnt be bothered with. My heart went out to the woman as my little man has the same condition as is met a very ignorant attitude down here! so in that respect is a good thing!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,408 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

oh god no.. never... unless theres a match on....

oh forgot bout the matches, yer man is great for the gaa coverage,he gets really excited!

• Advertisement

In fairness, the sports show on sunday afternoon is fairly good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

offaly1 wrote: »
    oh forgot bout the matches, yer man is great for the gaa coverage,eh gets really excited!
    ''Oh and it's over the bar....a point....a point by young Munnely.....a great strier of the ball....oh no wait it's wide!!!'' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Mountrath

I can get

103 not great
    102 ok
    94.6 much better spin radio less talk more music, give it a try

Mountrath

i don't know if ye can get this but i102-104 (103.1 or 102.1) is fairly good! but of fun on the drive time programme!

Phantom FM is also available on the dublin side of laois. Manually set it to 105.2 or automatic search when in the Dublin region

kikel wrote: »
    Phantom FM is also available on the good side of laois. Manually set it to 105.2 or automatic search when in the Dublin region

Fixed that for ya.:pac:

Steve_o wrote: »
    Fixed that for ya.:pac:

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Radio 3 is a jack of all trades and a master of none kinda radio station. It is not easy on the ear at all. The fact that it is spread across three counties looses its appeal for me.

The lad that presents the sports show on sundays is very well spoken, interesting and does an excellent job. Very professional, on the other hand, the state of yer man that does commentry for the GAA, "bereygin" - total muck.

Danno wrote: »

The lad that presents the sports show on sundays is very well spoken, interesting and does an excellent job. Very professional, on the other hand, the state of yer man that does commentry for the GAA, "bereygin" - total muck.

Yeah ... was going to mention that in my previous comment .... but had no idea how to spell "bereygin" ...... I love it ...... pmsl every time .... I almost pray for them to pass the ball to him :D:D:D.

In fairness thought, its a good sports show ... covers a multitude ..... unfortunately 3 counties though. No disrecpect, but I have no interest in Westmeath junior hurling!

Yeah pitty about the Westmeath thing. It's just a little to far to care.

• Advertisement

Yeah ... was going to mention that in my previous comment .... but had no idea how to spell "bereygin" ...... I love it ...... pmsl every time .... I almost pray for them to pass the ball to him :D:D:D.

In fairness thought, its a good sports show ... covers a multitude ..... unfortunately 3 counties though. No disrecpect, but I have no interest in Westmeath junior hurling!
    Just like people in Westmeath would have no interest in Laois Junior hurling!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Just like people in Westmeath would have no interest in Laois Junior hurling!

People in Laois don't have an interest in Laois Junior hurling....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

A guy on the forum at www.laoistalk.com called "Dangerous Dan Mcgrue" uses the following in his signature: "Does the width of a ditch between Laois and Kilkenny make that much difference?"

With attitudes like yours, it is the width of brains I'd be questioning.

(http://forum.laoistalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=949 - First Post)

Good point!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

Danno wrote: »
    A guy on the forum at www.laoistalk.com called "Dangerous Dan Mcgrue" uses the following in his signature: "Does the width of a ditch between Laois and Kilkenny make that much difference?"

With attitudes like yours, it is the width of brains I'd be questioning.

(http://forum.laoistalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=949 - First Post)

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Used to listen a fair bit when I was younger .. think the only show that's half decent is the breakfast show. The same guy that does the sport at the weekend does that. Used to be more of a poppy station, but think it has gone downhill, or just aimed at older people in the past few years... Used to listen to it on Sunday evenings when out and about, up until a few months ago, when they replaced the reasonably good show that was on with .... you guessed it ... Ricey bleedin' Scully.

Advertisement