Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toll - penalty notices

Options
  • 02-09-2008 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi
    anyone the first to receive penalty notice for non-payment of the toll on Saturday ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

mobpd wrote: »
    Hi
    anyone the first to receive penalty notice for non-payment of the toll on Saturday ?
    They're still trying to wokr out billing some people for (Saturday??) Sunday, I doubt they've got the penalty notices sorted out yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I predict the first prosecution to be reported in the newspapers in about ohh 6 weeks or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 patc777

I no longer live at the address that my car is registered to so how can they send me a fine?

patc777 wrote: »
    I no longer live at the address that my car is registered to so how can they send me a fine?

Not informing the authorities of a change of address would incur a more severe penalty than dodging the toll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Unless you inform them, how do you expect to be able to continue to tax your car? Untaxed car a whole lot more serious than an unpaid fine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Keep at it and eventually you will be stopped by a Garda car equipped with an ANPR cam. These cameras are designed to automatically highlight cars that are untaxed, stolen, unregistered or those that are "wanted" for toll dodging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Unless you inform them, how do you expect to be able to continue to tax your car? Untaxed car a whole lot more serious than an unpaid fine!
    That won't prevent you from taxing your car. You don't need that computer generated form at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

I received my penalty notice (STR - standard toll request) today for an unpaid trip on the first day (AUgust 30).
    It says that they have decided to waive the penalty of extra 3.00 euro until Sept 14th.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Yeah i got one for my outward journey.

On my inward journey i drove very closely behind a truck and the cameras never picked me up, and got no letter in the post for that journey.

So i know what ill be doing in future.

apparantly they read rear plates as well so unless you were tailgated at the same time, it's probably in the post!

• Advertisement

It was a week ago and never got anything.

All i could see in the overhead gantrys were cameras facing the front of the car.

Didnt see any facing the rear of the car at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Chief--- wrote: »
    Didnt see any facing the rear of the car at all.

[pantomime voice] Its behind you [/pantomime voice] :pac:

Where, Where!!!

I dont believe it.

Ya got the second one there now in the post.

My evil plan has been thwarted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭jaycen

Not informing the authorities of a change of address would incur a more severe penalty than dodging the toll.

Why would anyone have to inform the authorities of a change of address? Barring there was a court order demanding they do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭lynchie

jaycen wrote: »
    Why would anyone have to inform the authorities of a change of address? Barring there was a court order demanding they do so.

Cause its the law?

S.I. No. 125/1995:

ROAD VEHICLES (REGISTRATION AND LICENSING) (AMENDMENT) REGULATIONS, 1995.
    change of Address

2. Article 9 of the Regulations of 1992 is hereby amended by the substitution of the following sub-article for sub-article (4) thereof—

"(4) On a change of address, the owner, other than a motor dealer, of a vehicle which was first licensed in the State on or after the 1st day of January, 1993 shall enter particulars of the owner's new address in the space provided in the licensing certificate and shall forthwith deliver the licensing certificate with such particulars entered in it to the Minister who shall note the change of address, issue an amended vehicle licensing certificate to the owner and notify the appropriate licensing authority."

I would place a very large bet on the fact that nobody has ever been prosecuted for failing to notify the DOE of a change of address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have certainly never heard of such a prosecution.

Now it this legalised mugging in progress, I wonder if they will start going after people with incorrect details recorded.

Chief--- wrote: »
    I would place a very large bet on the fact that nobody has ever been prosecuted for failing to notify the DOE of a change of address.
    You're probably correct! but if the vehicle was used in a criminal offense then, more than likely this particular offense would drop off the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

except the NRA aren't the dept of environent. who are the people you've to tell. just keep churning your vlc through different owners or addresses.
    Prionsias da Rossa, Tí Laigheann, Frank Ross, Leinster house gives a fair few combinations with out even breaking the law....

hard to tell who owned the car at the exact time, and if the Nra's copy of the vlc is ut of date, there's a probable doubt.

at 52Cents a go plus legal costs to defend it. versus 200cents a go plus a euro a month....

• Advertisement

Eventhough my car is registered at an address that I do not live at I still tax my car every year. Just walk in to the tax office and fill out the form.....why do you need a letter in the post?

Prosecuted for not informing the authoritys of a change of address...........rubish

ANPR cams are not used in Ireland, they were piloted for a while to see if they would purchase.

Eventhough my car is registered at an address that I do not live at I still tax my car every year. Just walk in to the tax office and fill out the form.....why do you need a letter in the post?

Prosecuted for not informing the authoritys of a change of address...........rubish

If you're reachable via the address given, then there's no real problem.
    It's when you "dissapear" leaving no forwarding address, then they may get a bit huffy!

Advertisement