Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about Irish Rail car parks

Options
  • 02-09-2008 9:53pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Two questions. Didnt see these in the other thread so I'm starting a new one.

1)Who operates their car parks? I know there is a few different companies. Is there a list of who runs what?

2) How do Irish Rail operate their car parks? Louisa Bridge is pay and display. Hueston is pay on exit (I assume these are the normal ways these types are car parks are run)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

kearnsr wrote: »
    Two questions. Didnt see these in the other thread so I'm starting a new one.

1)Who operates their car parks? I know there is a few different companies. Is there a list of who runs what?

2) How do Irish Rail operate their car parks? Louisa Bridge is pay and display. Hueston is pay on exit (I assume these are the normal ways these types are car parks are run)

Some of them are run by Europark, the ones that are coming onstream now are being run by NCPS I think.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Just found this link.

Doesnt seem to be a complete list.

No, that info is very out of date.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

penexpers wrote: »
    No, that info is very out of date.

Yeah I thought so.

I'm looking for infomration really on stations on the Maynooth line.

I reckon the stations I'm looking for are
    1. Maynooth
    2. Leixlip Louisa Bridge
    3. Leixlip Confey
    4. Phoenix Park

If I've left any out let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

All information regarding the new IE parking charges can be had from Ben Dover, ring him on 1-800-EAT-SH1T.

• Advertisement

Hagar wrote: »
    All information regarding the new IE parking charges can be had from Ben Dover, ring him on 1-800-EAT-SH1T.

Not interested in charges. Just operation and who operates them.

Tried the number. Seems a very camp man talking all sort of crap at the other end

Yeah I thought so.

I'm looking for infomration really on stations on the Maynooth line.

I reckon the stations I'm looking for are
    1. Maynooth
    2. Leixlip Louisa Bridge
    3. Leixlip Confey
    4. Phoenix Park

If I've left any out let me know

As far as I know, charging is only in operation at Louisa Bridge at the moment, and that is run by Europark.

When they start charging at the other stations, it will be run by NCPS.

As far as I know, charging is only in operation at Louisa Bridge at the moment, and that is run by Europark.

When they start charging at the other stations, it will be run by NCPS.

Phoenix Park also charges.

Who owns these companies?

Who owns these companies?

No idea why?

• Advertisement

The Golden Circle is still turning.

The Golden Circle is still turning.

What?

Seriously I'm just looking for info on how these places are run

Sorry didn't mean to thread spoil. It would be interesting all the same to find out who the beneficial owners are of these latest State issued goldmines.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

What?

Seriously I'm just looking for info on how these places are run

Heres a phone number they advertised in Drogheda. NCPS - 0818 555 000

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I've never seen any evidence of anyone 'running' the car park in Maynooth.

There is no charging system in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Might be of interest to someone out there in relation to NCPS (from 2005, still MD)
    Jason Ballard, MD of Nationwide Controlled Parking Systems, and Chairman of the Irish Parking Association, talks to Liam Keilthy

LK: How did you first become involved in the parking industry?

After finishing College I worked in London for a number of years in Computer Networks and then went travelling round the world for eighteen months. When I returned my goal was a career in management, and a well advertised job in The Times, i.e. not advertising a parking managment position, lead me to an interview with CPS UK and has resulted in a 13 year career.

LK: Where did NCPS come from?

NCPS was the founder of clamping in Ireland back in the early 1990s, then trading as Nationwide Clamping. The original directors, through contacts in the property world, had secured a number of locations that suffered from illegal parking and the company built from there.

LK: What changes have you brought to the company since you started with NCPS?

Since I joined NCPS back in 2000 as Managing Director I have managed to take the company forward by bringing proven working procedures, audit processes and customer service standards to the business. I bought out the company in 2002 and prepared the way forward for a merger with NTCS, a similar smaller parking operation.

LK: NCPS seems to have had considerable success and growth in the last few years?

Our commitment, along with our open approach and good working practices result in a high level of repeat business and referrals from our existing clients.

LK: What services does NCPS provide ?

Car park management and enforcement services mainly, but we also provide line marking, and retail security services. NCPS have some 270 car parks in the greater Dublin Area, with more than 1000 signs erected. Currently we have 8 full time vans patrolling these locations. We also have static Customer Service Agents for our fulltime sites. Both the vans and signs are a great marketing tool and generate a huge amount of new business, so we keep them clean and fully repaired - which is always a challenge!

Recently, for Cosgrave Developers at the Meridian Centre, Greystones, we supplied their Pay on Foot equipment, line marking, signage, CCTV and we now operate the 170 space car park on a 24 hour basis.

Pay and Display parking is a real growth area in smaller surface car parks, as it has a lower level of investment. Therefore, with good work practices, we can have a profitable and well managed facility.

LK: Tell us a little about the other services you provide.

Two years ago we started our own line marking service to complement our maintenance services, including the provision of signs, ramps, bollards etc. We now have a very good team of personnel who are kept extremely busy!

In 2003 we acquired a small retail security company. This provided NCPS with a good base to extend our service portfolio, adding a considerable number of staff to our workforce, This allowed us to supply cross trained temporary staff for special events and for the usual general needs of holiday cover, illness etc. This approach has seen our security portfolio double in the last 2 years with major contracts with O2 and 3G as well as our parking contracts.

LK: How big is your organisation?

We now have 110 staff, split 70 - 40 in favor of security personnel and with cross training in place we are always able to provide continuity of service.

LK: How is the parking enforcement developing?

Well - the market is still strong and property is still being built heavily in Dublin and around the country. As new buildings are erected our enforcement parking services are generally implemented from the start to avoid any disputes later from tenants or residents. In the last year we have implemented about 75 new enforcement contracts.

LK: So how does the future look for NCPS?

Very good I hope! NCPS is committed to quality and service. With our adaptable approach, I am sure we will continue our present rate of growth.

We are also well under way in getting our security licence, as required for the new Security Licensing laws , due to be implemented in October, which will add an NASI - ISO 999 Accreditation to our company.

LK: You have just commenced your first term as Chairman of the Irish Parking Association, what do you think this will have in store for you?

The IPA has worked hard since its commencement to raise awareness of parking issues. During my term of office, I would like the IPA to become more focused on key issues. Raising our profile will allow us to offer comment on parking and transportation matters countrywide. In this way the voice of our members can be heard and influence policy decisions.

Jason Ballard has lived in Ireland since 1998 and lives with his partner Jocelyne and their two children Ethan and Harry in Ballsbridge, Dublin.

CONTACT DETAILS:
    Nationwide Controlled Parking Systems
    18 Fleming Place
    Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
    Tel: 01 634 9805
    Fax: 01 634 9815
    Web: www.ncps.ie
    Email: info@ncps.ie

http://www.parkingireland.ie/ballard0605.htm

Phoenix Park also charges.

It's probably Europark, but if it's Park'n'Ride a la Adamstown then it might be NCPS.

It's probably Europark, but if it's Park'n'Ride a la Adamstown then it might be NCPS.

It appears to be a company called APOCA and they operated a dsingated parking pay and display system. Never heard of it before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I'd be far more interested in viewing the contracts signed rather than knowing who owns these companies. We could be possibly looking at another West Link style contract which the government will eventually have to buy out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    I'd be far more interested in viewing the contracts signed rather than knowing who owns these companies. We could be possibly looking at another West Link style contract which the government will eventually have to buy out.

I'm not sure where this is going? Can anyone explain why you'd want to know this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Hi,

Anyone know how the Pay & Display is going to work, I understand that is going to be €2.00 a day and €8.00 a week.

What i cant & dont understand is if you buy a weekly ticket for €8.00 and there are no car park spaces left is that a case you lose out? What about buy a monthly or a yearly ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Hi,

Anyone know how the Pay & Display is going to work, I understand that is going to be €2.00 a day and €8.00 a week.

What i cant & dont understand is if you buy a weekly ticket for €8.00 and there are no car park spaces left is that a case you lose out? What about buy a monthly or a yearly ticket?

For NCPS car parks there are only weekly and daily tickets. The others are pobably the same. Concidentally does anyone know if these prices are the same for parking at Heuston. I've a feeling its a bit different.

Advertisement