Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€122 Foam Surfboard

Options
  • 02-09-2008 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I'm guessing there are more surfboards than sheep in Ireland at this stage but.. for anyone who hasn't got one, read on.

Firstly, if you haven't surfed but have inquired about it, you're probably aware that you can get a composite (plastic), factory-made board for 400 or so including a bag, fins, wax etc. Most surfers will want a custom board, but for people who are only going to go a few times a year, the latest composite boards are actually fairly nice and they have the advantage that they're relatively indestructible.

If this price tag put you off, you probably just went with a lesson including rental of a foam board. I'd guess you paid €60 or so for one lesson.

At the 53 Degrees North sale they have 3 foam boards made by Alder, suitable for beginners or people who don't care enough about surfing to own a composite nevermind a custom:

5 foot something (suitable for a child) - €111 i think
    7 foot something (suitable for average adult beginner) - €122
    8 foot something (suitable for heavier adult) - €145 i think

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Energizeer

duffmagic wrote: »
    I'm guessing there are more surfboards than sheep in Ireland at this stage but.. for anyone who hasn't got one, read on.

Firstly, if you haven't surfed but have inquired about it, you're probably aware that you can get a composite (plastic), factory-made board for 400 or so including a bag, fins, wax etc. Most surfers will want a custom board, but for people who are only going to go a few times a year, the latest composite boards are actually fairly nice and they have the advantage that they're relatively indestructible.

If this price tag put you off, you probably just went with a lesson including rental of a foam board. I'd guess you paid €60 or so for one lesson.

At the 53 Degrees North sale they have 3 foam boards made by Alder, suitable for beginners or people who don't care enough about surfing to own a composite nevermind a custom:

5 foot something (suitable for a child) - €111 i think
    7 foot something (suitable for average adult beginner) - €122
    8 foot something (suitable for heavier adult) - €145 i think

Where is this?
    Would like to try it out. but have no balance and I'm a big fatty lol!
    I'd be a 'heavier adult'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Energizeer wrote: »
    Where is this?
    Would like to try it out. but have no balance and I'm a big fatty lol!
    I'd be a 'heavier adult'

I'm pretty sure there is a 53 degrees North in Blanchardstown retail park beside Tk Maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭djb85

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭BigglesMcGee

i want one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭duffmagic

I saw it in the sale in the one in Carrickmines. Ring ahead if you're going to one of the other locations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Out Of Order

Gave em a call there. There's only 6ft and 8ft foam boards left. Discount doesn't show online but it's 50% off foam boards and 25% off the rest.

Advertisement