Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free-To-Air in Apartment

Options
  • 02-09-2008 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭

Just shacked up in a new apartment, and after breaking away from the Manacles of Magnets Dismal T.V. service (Internet service was fine) I've entered what I'd thought was a blank canvas in terms of TV/ NET provider.

Now SkyConway posters are all about the building but the letting agent says you can choose whatever provider you wish but I have a funny feeling the management company might have other things to say.

Now I'm left in a bind. My no.1 choice is SKY+ but looks like I'll have to go through SkyConway for that which I dont reckon is a runner given the sentiment in the Satellite Forum.

I haven't really known much about free-to-air boxes until today (been reading the many fine posts here) and tbh, my TV watching days are slowly ebbing away so I am not really too concerned with channel choice (the g/f has to have E4 for One Tree Hill...I Know), just the basics will do as I spend most of the time either on the net/gaming or on the net gaming and the thoughts of one less bill would invigorate me a little.

So question time,

Whats the best all round box (legal that is)?
    Do all free-to-air boxes need a dish?
    Can you recommend me a daycent set-up?

Thanks to all in the loop!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

http://www.skyinyourapartment.ie/

try this method

sky offer a single communal dish system mounted on the roof out of sight but you need a minimum of 4 apartments so tell your neighbours about it so they choose to get it but they install for free and the negotiate the technicallities to your management company

ALL SATELLITE FREE TO AIR SYSTEMS REQUIRE A DISH

TERRESTIAL FREE TO AIR IS NOT 100% AVAILABLE YET IN IRELAND
    it is on trial and can be tuned into using a pc with a dvb-t tuner in it and the mpeg4 H.264 codec installed for HD channels

Advertisement