Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garage for camper cert?

Options
  • 02-09-2008 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

to insure my camper i need to get the roadworthyness form filled out in a garage. i went to a couple and they said they couldn't do it. does anyone know of any in dublin that would do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Hi isup,I think you need a DOE cert,can your insuriers not tell you a place? you could try CP commercials in Baldoyle ind estate,they have huge ramps to work on the big rigs...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭octyvrs

its an engineers report (not a doe cert) you need which really any garage should be able to do certainly any doe test centre, you would normally have the paperwork yourself which just needs filling in.. cost should be typically €50-60.

Hi octyvrs,hows the engineers report work?Do the insuriers only accept this type of report or will a DOE suffice.Is the engineers report more thorugh? Thanks Aerosol

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭isup

yeah dolmen insurance gave me the form, but i went into a garage today and they said they wouldnt be able to do it, ill ring dolmen in the morning to see wheres best

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭boyoh

isup wrote: »
    yeah dolmen insurance gave me the form, but i went into a garage today and they said they wouldnt be able to do it, ill ring dolmen in the morning to see wheres best
    Hi,your engineers report for Dolmens must be done by a main dealer or a member of SIMI.and stamped by same
    boyoh:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

It does not have to be a main dealer. The main criteria is that the engineers report is filled out by a garage that can supply a vat number. Got mine done 4 weeks a go.

kadman

kadman wrote: »
    It does not have to be a main dealer. The main criteria is that the engineers report is filled out by a garage that can supply a vat number. Got mine done 4 weeks a go.

kadman

cheers for that, ill get it done in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭boyoh

kadman wrote: »

kadman

I was informed by dolmens that a main dealer,or a Garage with SIMI membership,were the only acceptable options for their engineers report, I would presume that all garages have a vat number.
    boyoh :D

My own insurance cert took a few weeks to come through after I supplied an engineers report. When I queried the delay, I was told that they were waiting to contact the garage that passed my camped for their vat number, as they needed that to issue the cert.

The garage in question was not a main dealer, but were very expert in their approach to the engineers test, and rigorous in their examination of the camper. I assume that they were a member of SIMI, but I dont know for sure, I imagine that Dolmens discussion with them was satisfactory.

After the phone call my cert was issued in time for my maiden voyage:D:D

kadman

Please can you tell what an engineers report contains,ta

• Advertisement

aerosol wrote: »
    Please can you tell what an engineers report contains,ta

Here is a typical engineers report form. Basically used by all insurers who request one to be filled out.

kadman

Thanks Kadman:)

got it sorted, dolmen said that they garage just needs to be VAT regestered and have a stamp.

Advertisement