Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBC News 24.. wtf it go

Options
  • 02-09-2008 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

right lads

I have a trusty aldi, lidl comag box and cant tune in bbc news. I got all the other channels but some have bad or no reception, like sky news?

the channels which work best are the bbc ones (apart from news 24 which is gone awol), itv ones and channel 4 ones.

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

it changed short while back and box probably was programmed before then. Check out flysat.com and you will find all the updated bits coz things change every now and then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

I think it was rebranded several months ago, as "BBC News", dropping the 24 part.

Anyway, rescan TP 11954 H 27500 to get it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

nothing

zilch.!

there is no strength under that frequency...(at astra 2)
    80% quality tho.

is my dish out? i got all the other channels fine.

how do you select astra 2a, 2d, etc? i can just see astra 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

nothing

zilch.!

there is no strength under that frequency...(at astra 2)
    80% quality tho.

is my dish out? i got all the other channels fine.

how do you select astra 2a, 2d, etc? i can just see astra 2.

You don't need to select the individual beams (2a, 2d, etc), when properly aligned, the dish should pick up everything at 28.2E, and also at 28.5E, if your dish isn't too big (>1.5m).

If you're only scanning in 2D (where most of the BBC/ITV/C4's are, then your dish and/or LNB will need to be adjusted. The LNB in particular needs to be skewed - search for "skew" in the forums if you're not familiar with the term, it comes up a lot.

What size dish are you using, and what intensity/quality do you get on BBC1, for instance?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If your getting 2d, then all should be fine as 2d is the hardest to get. Try some eb channels, they are the real test of alignment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

ummm

I am an satellite n0b, what are eb channels?

I have astra 2, 1 and eurobird on my comag sl55.

I used to have bbc news and sky news, but not anymore, sky news breaks up, cant watch it.

cant scan in bbc news 24 at all, no where to be seen.?:confused:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

EB is referring to Eurobird.

Sounds like a problem with dish alignment, or LNB issue.

Advertisement