Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Structural Engineer

Options
  • 02-09-2008 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I looking for a structural engineer for a house i'm about to purchase in Dublin west. If you have any info good or bad please PM me? Thanks! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,261 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What specificly do you need done? If its just a snag list, a stuctural engineer isn't needed.

However, if you have specific problems or queries witht he structure, then a stuctural engineer is what you need.

www.iei.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 20 centrino

It basically to make sure everything is above board with this house(2nd hand property), I know you dont have to get this done, but I like to just incase theres some underlying issues that might have been missed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

centrino wrote: »
    It basically to make sure everything is above board with this house(2nd hand property), I know you dont have to get this done, but I like to just incase theres some underlying issues that might have been missed.

How old is the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 centrino

Its about 10 yrs old, with attic conversion.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

It is probably worth while for peace of mind for a house that age. Most of the structural implications would have shown themselves by now.

I'd also check up to see if the Home bond or Premier Bond is still active

• Advertisement
Advertisement