Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Sky problem

Options
  • 02-09-2008 10:10am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have had Sky multiroom (3 boxes) for over a year now and have a very wierd problem that Sky want to charge me to come out and fix.

Box 1 (upstairs)Everything works 100%.

Box 2 (sitting room)---Most of the plus channels Im getting a "no satellite signal is being received" message.Signal indicators on all the boxes are the same in strength and quality.

Box3(Kitchen/sunroom) Channel 4 plus 1--Signal keeps breaking up,losing picture etc.Only on this channel and no other problems.

Anyone got any ideas??Im pulling my hair out with this one.Even the Sky techs cant figure it out after spending over an hour on the phone with them last night.

Thanks
    Richie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭corkandproud

I got Sky Plus a few weeks ago and am haviing a similar problem with C4, picture freezing, "No signal etc"

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Last

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Have had Sky multiroom (3 boxes) for over a year now and have a very wierd problem that Sky want to charge me to come out and fix.

Box 1 (upstairs)Everything works 100%.

Box 2 (sitting room)---Most of the plus channels Im getting a "no satellite signal is being received" message.Signal indicators on all the boxes are the same in strength and quality.

Box3(Kitchen/sunroom) Channel 4 plus 1--Signal keeps breaking up,losing picture etc.Only on this channel and no other problems.

Anyone got any ideas??Im pulling my hair out with this one.Even the Sky techs cant figure it out after spending over an hour on the phone with them last night.

Thanks
    Richie.

Have you swopped around the boxes to verify the problem is with the boxes and not the lnb. If it is the boxes it may be worth try a forced upgrade of the firmware as that can solve some problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Darth Maul

If the problem boxes are connected to the original wiring in house I would check the type of cable used and how they are joined.

should be joined by f connectors (not twisted together as I have seen) and the cable used should be a good quality screened type.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

They were all working perfectly up until the last of the bad weather a couple of weeks ago.Can a LNB be damaged from the rain/wind?
    Cables were all put in by Sky a year ago so I doubt thats the problem.

Just strange that 2 out of the 3 boxes are giving problems albeit different problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

I have had something similar recently.
    I have sky+ and multiroom ( 1 room)
    The sky+ kept freezing on lots of channels but in the system setup all was ok, while I had no isues with the other box.

I unplugged the sky+ box for a few minutes and removed the card, gave it a clean and then put it back in and repowered the box and ever since its been ok.

****Note****

Not a very technical reply I know, and I am sure the lads that know better may say its the wrong thing to do, but it worked for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭corkandproud

Thanks Chef, must try that.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Are any of the 2 problem boxes close to cordless telephones. If so plug out the power to the cordless phone's and see does that solve your problem.

Advertisement