Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

freesat HD + combo

Options
  • 01-09-2008 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Anybody know when freesat HD + box is due in the shops , also are the freesat boxes going to have RF 9 volt option for remote eye and the same type of remote control as sky that allows you switch between tv analog and satellite it seems to me that SKY use stuff in there system that freesat should use in there system,A freesat HD + combo MPEG 4 where terrestrial and sat channels all go in the same channel list and when you change channel( ie rte to bbc the box does it automatically ) am i asking to much :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,517 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

scruffy66 wrote: »
    Anybody know when freesat HD + box is due in the shops ,

The Humax FOXSAT-HDR freesat PVR - it is currently estimated that the product will be available suitably in advance of the Christmas 2008 season.
    Keep an eye on http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/ (for updated info) who appear to have a good relationship with Humax and their PR people and Humax's Chief Technologist Bob Hannent comments on news items occasionally as Bob H (Bob Hannent is also a regular poster on the Digital Spy-Satellite-Freesat forum as Bob_Cat).
    also are the freesat boxes going to have RF 9 volt option for remote eye and the same type of remote control as sky that allows you switch between tv analog and satellite

From the picture here of the rear of the receiver (taken at IFA 2008, Berlin) there is no RF output as with the current batch of freesat receivers and the remote controls are unique to each receiver manufacturer. The Grundig freesat GUFSAT01SD which I have used has a button on the remote control which allows you to switch between the freesat receiver output and the regular analogue channels.
    it seems to me that SKY use stuff in there system that freesat should use in there system,

Yeah, the Sky dish and cabling which you can connect your freesat receiver to when you dump you Sky box in the recycling bin :D
    A freesat HD + combo MPEG 4 where terrestrial and sat channels all go in the same channel list and when you change channel( ie rte to bbc the box does it automatically ) am i asking to much

Asking way too much, freesat is a UK service, MPEG-4 (DVB-T) is the Irish DTT standard so no reason to incorporate them in one combo box (different countries, additional design and manufacturing costs etc.)
    Maybe when the UK's terrestrial HD service (MPEG-4/DVB-T2) launches we may see combo freesat / MPEG-4 DTT receivers or idTVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Just tried out the M Vision HD200 combo box, working fine on the Three Rock test and ITV/BBc HD satellite

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement