Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture Freezing

Options
  • 01-09-2008 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Got Sky Plus a few weeks ago, having trouble with the picture freezing on C4 and Setanta expecially.

Never had the problem before, is it a common problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭BAZM8

Had a similar problem with the sky plus box when i got it first and rang the sky help desk. The issue was caused when we turned the power off at the wall socket at night without going to red on the box first.

THey explained it as the following. When watching through a sky plus box the box is always recording (so you can rewind) it stores the recording info in the cache temporarily. When you flick the channel it dumps this info. However if you flick up through the channels excessivly or turn off the power source unexpectedly it can keep the stored info in the hard drive cache as corrupted info. What you need to do is dump this info. They were able to talk me thought it over the phone and it's sorted and hasen't reoccurred.

If you wish to turn off at the wall at night, turn off the box (to red) you'll hear the box keed running for about 30 seconds (like a pc hardrive) don't turn off the power switch until noise this stops.The box uses this time to dump the cache info.

(BTW after years of dealing with the gimps from Chorus/NTL i was pleasently surprised at how knowledgable the Sky customer service guy was)

Advertisement