Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P90 only does full auto - HELP!!!!!

Options
  • 01-09-2008 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭

I'm have a bit of an issue with my TM P90.

I've just took it apart for the first time (my god that gearbox is a joy compared to the Ver2 in my M4!) to put in a new spring and bearings. That was easy and its all back together and it works fine except for the fact that on semi it fires full auto (safe and full auto work right).

I've taken it apart a couple of times and all seems to be where it should be but still no joy. I had the same problem with my M4 a while back but fixed it (a bit of it wasn't sitting right).

Anyone got any idea what could be up with it? Would it be the rods from the trigger back to the mechbox not sitting right? I think I've them seated correctly but it being a P90 I can't see into it properly! :)

Cheers for the help
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

sounds like the cut-off lever might not be fitted correctly, or possibly the single shot contacts, the p90 has two sets of trigger contacts, the first set are inside the gearbox and are activated on a half pull or on single shot. the second set are engaged when you pull the trigger all the way back and the cut-off lever does not affect these, hence you get full auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭Chuck the Buck

kdouglas wrote: »
    sounds like the cut-off lever

Yeah I was looking at the contacts inside the 'trigger mech', cool idea! Anyway the cut off lever is that metal lever on the side of the mech box? When I was looking at I wasn't sure if it was sitting correctly. I'll have a poke at it tomorrow.

Cheers for the reply

Advertisement