Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Telecom 3 Months Free Broadband and Wireless Modem when you sign up online.

Options
  • 01-09-2008 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

Smart Telecom 3 months free broadband and a free wireless modem if you sign up online: http://www.smarttelecom.ie/

Ends 10th. October

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Smart Telecoms broadband is alright but their TV service is an absolute shambles if you live in Smithfield market (interesting to hear about people who have Smart in other areas)unfortunately these monkeys have the contract for the whole complex, not a day goes by without the TV freezing up (every day FACT),some days are worse than others and the TV can freeze up for ages, pointless phoning them, same excuse every time, they'l be upgrading their service soon:rolleyes:

given the chance id go back to NTL in a flash, never any problems with their TV despite their customer service department being a joke!!!

sorry rant over.:eek:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

jonny68 wrote: »
    Smart Telecoms broadband is alright but their TV service is an absolute shambles if you live in Smithfield market (interesting to hear about people who have Smart in other areas)unfortunately these monkeys have the contract for the whole complex, not a day goes by without the TV freezing up (every day FACT),some days are worse than others and the TV can freeze up for ages, pointless phoning them, same excuse every time, they'l be upgrading their service soon:rolleyes:

I'm a SmartVision customer in a different development and it is just as bad, it is pretty much the same in all SmartVision developments

Their BB, while it works fine, it double the price for similar speed form UPC/NTL (Smart 24m/1m = €80, UPC 20m/1.5m = €40).

BTW if you're interested in hearing all the horror stories about SmartVision, check out the Smart forum here:
    http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Would try switching over to them for broadband (upc not available here) if they would ever use my bloody local exchange!! Bit difficult otherwise SMART :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

bk wrote: »
    I'm a SmartVision customer in a different development and it is just as bad, it is pretty much the same in all SmartVision developments

Their BB, while it works fine, it double the price for similar speed form UPC/NTL (Smart 24m/1m = €80, UPC 20m/1.5m = €40).

BTW if you're interested in hearing all the horror stories about SmartVision, check out the Smart forum here:
    http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Smart have no contention ratio though, and that matters a lot. 4mb basic package for €15.95 with Smart, zero contention, 3mb for €20 basic package for UPC. They don't mention that they're uncontended, and compare themselves to rip-off Eircom, so I assume from that that they have a contention ratio.
    I'm a very happy Smart broadband customer, but don't use Smartvision, so can't comment. Have been far happier with TV since I left Chorus though. Inferior product personified.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mackTheKnife

Ditto ... very happy with Smart ... 4Mb link and with download accelerators get 450k/s download guaranteed. No download limit either. 40 bucks a month including line rental and no traffic shaping (on torrents or whatever). Been with them a year and haven't had a problem yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

I have 4Mb from Smart and can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

I have 4Mb too but only joined them last month, nice one there lads, mention nothing about the free wifi or rental until its too late, in fact I'm going to challenge them on this in the next few days and extract some kind of concession.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Can you get Smart Broadband without switching your line rental to them? Their website has a button for "Broadband only" but it just goes to a page with their bundle deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Nope you have to be connected to their DSLAM to get BB from them so you must take the line rental into account, false advertising IMO.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I think this might be free broadband only for 3 months, (3 x €15) excluding the line rental. There's no details on their web site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Smart telecom always have great deals! I'd go with them straight away if they had better uploads!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

As i said folks im not out to bash Smart for the sake of it, their Internet for the most part is decent enough (by Irish standards anyway:rolleyes:) but their TV service is absolutely shocking and their customer service isn't too great either.:confused:

Advertisement